Sony Xperia T to be the official name of the LT30 "Mint" upcoming flagship
0. phoneArena posted on 03 Aug 2012, 07:36
About the only thing we didn't know for Sony's upcoming flagship handset codenamed LT30 or "Mint" was its actual retail title, and know we have that last nugget of information hinted at as well...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. TheLibertine posted on 03 Aug 2012, 07:38 5 0
Sony Xperia X would sound cooler, but Appl... HTC would sue them.
Hopefully with Jelly Bean and S4 Snapdragon dual-core.
2. sid07desai posted on 03 Aug 2012, 08:39 3 0
yeah. I wouldn't count on them to bring Jelly Bean so soon. They released xperia s when Ice cream sandwich was well established in the market. But they'll definitely bring a JB OTA update. I trust Sony.
3. hunted posted on 03 Aug 2012, 08:41 0 0
Is there any Sony phones with quad core processor this year? I can trade my arc s for it. Can someone help me
5. TheLibertine posted on 03 Aug 2012, 08:52 10 3
No. Sony sticks with dual-cores because it don't sees the advantages of quad-cores on mobile devices yet. I even agree with them, but not with Nokia. C'mon, r they serious? Single core only?
14. crankyd00d posted on 03 Aug 2012, 13:20 2 1
It is not for gimmick. With limited hardware decoding for some formats you need a strong CPU to decode it in software. Videos that I couldn't watch on my Galaxy Nexus now I can watch on my Nexus 7. Clear advantage for quad core, not a gimmick
17. pyradark posted on 03 Aug 2012, 21:34 1 0
i dont see any heavy apps. that are optimized for a quad core phone.
18. sid07desai posted on 04 Aug 2012, 03:08 0 0
Actually quad-cores prove to be more power-efficient. Not significantly but as compared to dual-core they're better. Plus faster speed. Smartphones would do just good enough without quad-core. But you know.. it's like having NOS with a V12 engine..
4. InspectorGadget80 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 08:47 1 0
Cant wait foor the next bond filn to come out in oct. And i also cqnt wait for the xperia t. Pretty soon sony might ran out of letters
19. sid07desai posted on 04 Aug 2012, 07:10 0 0
then they'll use two letters. Like xperia SL, xperia GX, etc
9. SonyFTW2020 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 09:39 0 0
Im still gonna call it mint......T is pretty lame......seriously :/
10. SonyFTW2020 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 09:40 2 0
those dang on japaneese are playing the alphabet game! LOL
11. Aaron_R96 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 10:17 0 0
I was looking forward to it being called Xperia Z, I'd love an 'Xperia Z' named phone and obviously an 'Xperia Nexus'
15. Jyakotu posted on 03 Aug 2012, 13:50 1 0
What happens when Sony runs out of letters.? What will they name the Xperia phones then.? Also, will they make an Xperia phone with a full QWERTY keyboard to replace the Sony Ericsson Xperia pro.? Please Sony. ;-)
16. Lawliet posted on 03 Aug 2012, 19:10 1 0
Most likely not
They use things like T1 T2 T3, haha
20. Joshua9007 posted on 04 Aug 2012, 20:27 0 0
Does anyone know if Sony will be working on getting phones with CDMA radios? The #1 & #3 service providers in america are left out by only producing GSM phones. That seems like a waste to miss out on over 165 Million customers in the united states. I would appreciate the option to buy a sony phone on my provider, and would like them to even keep the GSM radio so that it would be a world phone. I personally would pay a little more for the option of a quality Sony product that was a world-capable phone.