Sony Xperia T to be the official name of the LT30 "Mint" upcoming flagship
1. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Sony Xperia X would sound cooler, but Appl... HTC would sue them.
Hopefully with Jelly Bean and S4 Snapdragon dual-core.
2. sid07desai (Posts: 290; Member since: 03 May 2012)
yeah. I wouldn't count on them to bring Jelly Bean so soon. They released xperia s when Ice cream sandwich was well established in the market. But they'll definitely bring a JB OTA update. I trust Sony.
3. hunted (Posts: 403; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
Is there any Sony phones with quad core processor this year? I can trade my arc s for it. Can someone help me
5. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
No. Sony sticks with dual-cores because it don't sees the advantages of quad-cores on mobile devices yet. I even agree with them, but not with Nokia. C'mon, r they serious? Single core only?
14. crankyd00d (Posts: 191; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
It is not for gimmick. With limited hardware decoding for some formats you need a strong CPU to decode it in software. Videos that I couldn't watch on my Galaxy Nexus now I can watch on my Nexus 7. Clear advantage for quad core, not a gimmick
17. pyradark (Posts: 821; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
i dont see any heavy apps. that are optimized for a quad core phone.
18. sid07desai (Posts: 290; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Actually quad-cores prove to be more power-efficient. Not significantly but as compared to dual-core they're better. Plus faster speed. Smartphones would do just good enough without quad-core. But you know.. it's like having NOS with a V12 engine..
4. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Cant wait foor the next bond filn to come out in oct. And i also cqnt wait for the xperia t. Pretty soon sony might ran out of letters
19. sid07desai (Posts: 290; Member since: 03 May 2012)
then they'll use two letters. Like xperia SL, xperia GX, etc
9. SonyFTW2020 (Posts: 311; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Im still gonna call it mint......T is pretty lame......seriously :/
10. SonyFTW2020 (Posts: 311; Member since: 03 May 2012)
those dang on japaneese are playing the alphabet game! LOL
11. Aaron_R96 (Posts: 198; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
I was looking forward to it being called Xperia Z, I'd love an 'Xperia Z' named phone and obviously an 'Xperia Nexus'
15. Jyakotu (Posts: 844; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
What happens when Sony runs out of letters.? What will they name the Xperia phones then.? Also, will they make an Xperia phone with a full QWERTY keyboard to replace the Sony Ericsson Xperia pro.? Please Sony. ;-)
16. Lawliet (Posts: 160; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
Most likely not
They use things like T1 T2 T3, haha
20. Joshua9007 (Posts: 85; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Does anyone know if Sony will be working on getting phones with CDMA radios? The #1 & #3 service providers in america are left out by only producing GSM phones. That seems like a waste to miss out on over 165 Million customers in the united states. I would appreciate the option to buy a sony phone on my provider, and would like them to even keep the GSM radio so that it would be a world phone. I personally would pay a little more for the option of a quality Sony product that was a world-capable phone.