Sony Xperia T compares some tasks with the iPhone 5
0. phoneArena 05 Oct 2012, 02:29 posted on
For all its warts, the iPhone 5 is a very powerful device. Many of us that frequent technology sites can obsess over granular issues...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1054; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Lol anything compares and beats , the new iphone 5, now a days,, even entry level phones.. lol
6. Target (Posts: 3; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
is that why the I5 beat every android phone on just about every known cross platform benchmarks???? Laughing at YOU
8. darkkjedii (Posts: 7731; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Exactly, and in this test it won 2 of 3 categories and wasn't on lte. Both phones r fast, haters r gonna find anything they can to knock the iPhone. Face it the iPhone is a hot device, and I've watched every YouTube speed battle so far and iPhone 5 has won them all. Think about it.
11. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2375; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
now think about the price.....and the restriced os
15. serious9010 (Posts: 253; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
The price is high in all flagship smartphones and the OS is a matter of preference. Think about that.
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 7731; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
BAM!!! Good one, that's how u set em straight
30. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2375; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
well if u like spending money jus to be in prison then go ahead .......but i really feel sorry for you.....really
32. darkkjedii (Posts: 7731; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Experia that comment made no sense, cuz for one serious9010 clearly said that OS is a netter if preference, so that deflates any argument u can put up on OS. for two we r not n prison, n prison u r told what to do. People choose the OS they want and if that's apple then so be it. The money they spend is their biz, if they got it they got. iPhones start at 199 and go up jus like android, so what money r they spending that android user aren't? U always throw apple under the bus, but there's no innate differences in these devices that actually makes one any better than the other. OS's u subjective dude what Tom likes mike mite not. Oh well such is life. You make some good points sometime, but this wasn't one of them.
39. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2375; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
i mean when considering the FREEDOM of android and looking back at the many restrictions of IOS.......one would consider it to be similiar to a prison facility, as in locked down, cant do much?.......this argument is really getting tiresome and there is no way you can convince me that apple isnt telling you how your operating system should work! as well as how much money you should spend on the iphone! if you refuse to see that light then so be it but jus know many others will not refrain from bashing your "ignorant" comments
26. xfire99 (Posts: 261; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
ip5 dont beat all phones, those results that showing are false and missleading isheeps peoples like u.
Go and google for the REAL results instead for Apples own false benchmarks.
29. serious9010 (Posts: 253; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
So any objective result in favour of the iPhone is somehow false? How f**ked up is ur logic dude...
36. darkkjedii (Posts: 7731; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
His Logic is completely absent what has replaced his logic is hatred of Apple so he refuses to acknowledge anything that Apple does that's good or can b good. The fact that he said individual and independent testing of the iPhone versus these other phones are false and perpetrated by Apple is proof that he simply does not want to admit how good the iPhone is. If the android devices were winning these tests then these tests would be valid and true, but since Apple is the one winning these tests or should I say the iPhone these comments have to be false or these tests have to be false I mean you are right were in the heck is his logic
33. darkkjedii (Posts: 7731; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Xfire99 these YouTube vids aren't done by apple, they r done by phonearena phonedog cnet wirefly and others. If iPhone was losing then the results would b true. Face it apple released a powerful winner in the ip5 it's the real deal and is worth the cost. Ask yourself this? If the iPhone is such a POS then why does each company compare its Top dog against the iPhone? Why is it Every phone maker wants to make an iPhone killer? When did you hear a phone company try to make an HTC Evo killer a Samsung galaxy S3 killer or a Motorola droid killer? Apple is the benchmark Apple is the standard you may as well get used to it this is just the fact. Also this is not a pro Apple post this is just a actual factual post the iPhone is a beast I have one and I also have an HTC one X and my iPhone always beats it in speed test web browsing and OS fluidity it's just a fact but I still love my android phone also
16. Danre (Posts: 85; Member since: 02 Sep 2012)
Xperia running on Icecream Sandwich and still able to beat iPhone 5.
I wonder what will happen when it will upgrade to Jellybeam.
Sony is lot better than Apple.
17. serious9010 (Posts: 253; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
except it didn't beat it and jellyben is not as fast/smooth as expected.
34. darkkjedii (Posts: 7731; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
U really think Sony makes better phones than apple? Really? No further comment is even needed on this post.
38. Danre (Posts: 85; Member since: 02 Sep 2012)
Not only in phone but also Sony attitude towards their competitors(healthy competition).
and in phone
-Faster Browsing (the function which I used in most in smartphone)
5. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2375; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
that only made me wanna get an xperia even more now....... :(
7. StreetNerd (Posts: 683; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
but WHO CARES bout 1-2 secs -_-"
its all bout userbility
21. serious9010 (Posts: 253; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
milisecs I don't care about. but seconds? definitely welcome in a lesser amount ;)
10. amiaq (Posts: 309; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
It's like comparing Justin Bieber and average bloke
13. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
iPhone = Justin Bieber
Xperia T = James Bond
22. serious9010 (Posts: 253; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
iPhone = James Bond
Xperia T = Justin Bieber
28. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 4705; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
With iP5, ole James Bond gets lost....
With any Android ICS handset, Justin Bieber gets to his destination. Same for Nokia phones.
31. juanyunis (Posts: 72; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
yeah right, so the new 007 movie is using the iPhone?
12. iphoneisthebest79 (Posts: 68; Member since: 23 May 2012)
ll android fans said that Iphone is peace of s**t, but i am wondering why all the other marks compare their phones with Iphone if it was a POS? i love sony because they had very good products even more good than samsung but they have a problem of marketing. go sony you are good and if one day i ll change for other telephone it will be for Sony. by the way its so pathetic that big companies like samsung and nokia makes ads anti apple, really so pathetic
14. xtian1103 (Posts: 352; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
yeah i also like sony, it's by far the only android phone that i used
18. twilliams5108 (Posts: 14; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Why would Sony challenge the iPhone 5 when they lost 2 of 3? Not impressive at all.
25. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1375; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
The title is a little misleading. TechRadar conducted the tests, not Sony.
23. Aeires (unregistered)
My dad can beat up your dad.
40. TMach (Posts: 266; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
And the point of this video is what exactly???? My iP5 upgrade on vodafone came chipped out of the box, so I refused to upgrade from iP4S. Also bought the Xperia T sim free for £414, cost of the iP5 32gb=£625!
Will always keep one iPhone in my locker but also stick with HTC and Sony. Pays your money takes your choice, everyone likes different things b ut in terms of value for money there really isn't any debate. The iP5 does not represent good vfm, especially if you already have an iP4s
41. oister85 (Posts: 337; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
All you guys are nuts fighting for seconds becouse one phone start early than the other one Sony and apple are great companies. Love your phones be happy