Sony Xperia SP's Android 4.4 KitKat update now "under investigation"
0. phoneArena 12 Feb 2014, 09:58 posted on
Sony changed some info on the Xperia SP support page, so now it no longer confirms a future update to Android 4.4 KitKat. Still, the update might arrive eventually...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
And it will be released next year. Right?
10. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
or CANCEL it
2. umerkhan (Posts: 19; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
WTH Sony you r not suppose to do this.I believe this phone must go 4r Kitkat,if not,then you will lose most of your loyal fans.Because lots of guys think that this phone is a JAM of 2013.
4. kamen (Posts: 92; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
Well it is clear that they're about to cancel it.
Worse, though: THEY DESPERATELY DELETE ALL 4.4 RELATED POSTS FROM THEIR FORUM. As if they could stop the "will be cancelled" news from spreading. Pathetic! Just as the WiFi coverage of the SP.
5. Sheharyar13 (Posts: 4; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Well after seeing this post one thing is clear....this is my last sony phone and i'm never gonna buy a sony product again even if they update the sp to kitkat....f___ y__ sony!!!
8. Genersis (Posts: 217; Member since: 29 May 2013)
If it does get the update, it will be the phones last update.
9. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3735; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I'm not a die hard Sony fan...nor am I a hater. I'm just going to be happy with with they bring. cause what I have works.
11. somic19 (Posts: 3; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
Give us one valid reason why there is a possibility of Sony Xperia SP can no loger update to Android 4.4 KitKat? Other entry level phones with atleast 512 mb can run this then how come SP can't? I've been a sony user since 2005 simply because of durability and constant updates in OS and now this? Come on....
12. pyradark (Posts: 849; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Give me a reason, why can't people can wait for the right time, what you pay is what you get!!
14. moeedamjad (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I would like to request Sony Management to please review their decision about under investigation Xperia SP for 4.4 KitKat. This is very nice device and have full capability to handle KitKat. People still have lot of interest in this model.
15. Zhephyr (Posts: 24; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Please update this..for the user and for those who would still buy this.
lets get movin so our voice willbe heard
16. omkar_87 (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
I have been big fan of Sony products.
recently I came to know they are selling laptop business,and this is all because,Heavy prices,only for brand Name.
I had Sony experia,couldn't get single update on my phone after Android eclairs !
Recently bought Moto G,& in 1 hour phone was updated from jellybean to kitkat.
Certainly Sony is loosing their loyal fans,and going down the line in business.
Considering the price difference between Sony and other brands,Sony's phones are expensive with price higher 10-15k,in same range,are they competing with Apple ?
17. CharlieRumney (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Mar 2014)
My Sony Xperia SP doesn't have an undate yet on my update centre, what can I do?
19. safii92 (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 Oct 2014)
This is a midrange phone bulls**ts S2 & S3 also doesn't have a update kitkat 4.4 -,-