Sony Xperia SP gets update, but not to Android 4.2.2
So what exactly is the new firmware update bringing? How about a transparent menu/notifications bar, another row of settings in the notification panel and some small apps. To grab the update, you can sync your handset with your PC and use the Sony PC Companion to download the new build. If you've updated the aluminum clad mid-ranger and want to talk about it, leave us a comment in the box below!
Update to the Sony Xperia SP
1. Quezdagreat (Posts: 413; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
if its not Samsung, its not getting updated
9. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Are you sure???
I hope thats good enough to open your minds
19. AadyRizvi (Posts: 2; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Where is the 4.3 update for S3? where is the 4.2 update for S2 Plus?
2. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 669; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Why not jump to android JB 4.3 just like Samsung did. I gave a thumbs up for Samsung for updating their phones.
they are the best android OEM when it comes to updates
3. anleoflippy (Posts: 249; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
On the Sony official blog, they stated that their are updating the Xperia SP straight to 4.3.
14. rusticguy (Posts: 2825; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
They will do this when 5.x is released. Sony is consistently decent at making promises.
8. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
I think you should read this!
4. alterecho (Posts: 1071; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Have they fixed problems with camera captures looking terrible yet? That and low sound volume are the only things holding this phone back.
15. kdealltheway (Posts: 91; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
Also bad Wi-Fi reception and problems with touchscreen...
20. AadyRizvi (Posts: 2; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Wi-Fi & touchscreen problem has been resolved with the .245 firmware update.
5. RsKsp (unregistered)
its like a value pack for sp . coz sony is planning to update sp dirctly to 4.3
7. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
12. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2415; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Sony's improving a lot as Sammy. Sounds good.
16. Remmy (Posts: 52; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
I think PhoneArena should do another camera test to find out if the SP's camera has improved already. Same with the other Xperias which were given a very low score. :(
18. Charlie_boy (Posts: 55; Member since: 04 Jan 2013)
Got mine updated.. yup, same android version.. just some enhancements on sony's part.