Sony Xperia SP announced with aluminum frame, NXT design cues, and Exmor RS camera
0. phoneArena 18 Mar 2013, 05:45 posted on
Sony made a press conference, as promised, and unveiled both the Xperia SP and Xperia L handsets, just as expected. The Xperia SP sports aluminum frame and Sony's NXT design cues, with a n illuminated transparent strip at the bottom, which pulsates in different colors, depending on the notification. Still, we get this year's power/lock key, and a variety of different colors for the chassis you can see in the slideshow below...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
40. ddxmms (Posts: 167; Member since: 09 Feb 2012)
i will rather buy this than the nokia lumia 720 !
56. MarioGomez (banned) (Posts: 40; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Dont fool yourself dude...
Nothing is better than Nokia.
63. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
..and your argument being?
"Because I'm a fanboy and I say so!!"
64. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Oh and on a related note, this phone STOMPS the Lumia 720
11. allthesame (Posts: 3; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
from your username, i can guess that you're the samsung's fanboy.. if you think this one is boring, the how about S4? boring and ugly design just like S3. i like the S2 but no love for S3
31. amats69 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Your just a samsung fanboy that so jealous with other phone manufacturer because Samsung simply cant come up with PRemium design and good looking phone...so pathetic...lol
5. AnukulVcool (unregistered)
u want flaps all anound?
6. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3401; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Why? You want to take it for a swim and surf a desert storm? Kidding dude...
But i don't think this one will come with those features.
9. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
If u dont fap to p0rn in your phone in the toilet i dont see the omission of water proofing is an issue. Unless u r careless enough to spill drinks on your devices frequently...
4. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3401; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Make the battery capacity above 2500mAh and i'll seriously be looking into it.
4.6 inch sounds sweet!
And that power button is really appealing!
15. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4239; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
It's 2,370 mAh, over 2,500 mAh is too much to be expected from a mid-ranger. It's funny though, Sony put a bigger battery in this mid-ranger than their and HTC's flagship.
17. pyradark (Posts: 821; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
agree. i min is 300mah that really cost to add on the flagship. or maybe this is the start of SOny in changing their game
34. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3401; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Hm...2370mAh is okay i guess. But something i can't understand...why not make 2400mAh or if it has to be less 2300mAh?? **70mAh is giving me a hopeless hope, if you know what i mean.
46. dmn666 (Posts: 244; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
lol... Yep, it is funny - looks like SP battery life would be very good. ZL has a 2370 mAh battery as well but that has the same specs as Z.
41. Izoe (Posts: 130; Member since: 02 Sep 2010)
This is meant to be a mid ranger. Considering the fact that it has the same specs as current flagships (aside from RAM) and the design is better than some current flagship devices, says much about the phone. If this is priced right, it will be an awesome device.
7. pyradark (Posts: 821; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
ANother Great Phone from SOny, Thanks with 2300mah battery life
still suffer from fade screen color, hoping when i get my hands on, its great coz its reality display
71. madpiyal (Posts: 108; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
This is going to be a huge hit when the price comes down in a matter of months. There is literary no mid ranger to compete with this one. From build quality and design to battery capacity everything makes it a sweet deal. Its gonna be the successor of xperia p. But only the introduction of this years mid ranger of HTC might beat it, but i doubt because that will be costlier than this one.
72. pyradark (Posts: 821; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
yup same as last year, people dont care P at first, but when the price come down, it outsell the S
8. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Why not up the specs and make it high-range competitor. What's with all the S4's. Throw a 600 in that bad boy.
12. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4239; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Because that would outshine the Xperia Z. Sony will get a new flagship the second half of the year, that will probably have a S600 or maybe even the S800.
16. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
I know but, thats little late to the party don't you think?
44. TheLoyalist (Posts: 24; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
Late? Xperia Z already sell like hotcakes around Europe and Asia and has now been out for 3-4 weeks. The S4 will probably be available late april/early may with a new Sony Xperia w. S800 due Q3
48. lovefist (unregistered)
not really that late my friend, only difference with this soc and snapdragon 600 is the clock speed. GPU is the same and most of the time i just underclock my phones and not really into the "faster thing" cause seriously, is there an app that'll take advantage of higher clock speed up to 1.9 Ghz? GPU is more important for me.
58. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4239; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The Xperia Z was late. It's a 2012 phone in 2013. The DNA/Butterfly has everything the Xperia Z has, except a worse camera and no water/dust proofing.
But, the Butterfly/DNA does have the better display, and is easier to hold in the hand rather than the sharp angles of the Xperia Z.
65. pyradark (Posts: 821; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
there is one thing that Z HAS, as an outdated phone like what you say
"Its Sells very Good around the globe"
while Butterfly, no word yet about its sales
18. Scarambay (Posts: 72; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Even mid-range phones of Sony are better looking than the flagships of Samsung! XD
47. lovefist (unregistered)
I know right, I was seriously considering HTC One but I guess my money would be going with Sony Xperia SP. not much taller and wider than my S2. Oh man im gonna make love with that phone until my next upgrade =D
61. Assa7inKing (Posts: 26; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
HERE SIR TAKE MY LIKE... U R RIGHT MA FREIND....
19. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh my god..... its just....beautiful...
49. lovefist (unregistered)
If I was an opthalmologist, I'd say you have a 20/20 vision.
50. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
LOL xD, thank you for saying that. 20/100 for you, you can see the pixels on a screen without a magnifying glass. xD
21. apple.bb.htc.sony.nokia.rip (banned) (Posts: 17; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
xperia phones are always ugly!!!
24. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
for one who thinks Sammy designs are beautiful, nothing more can be expected. enjoy your crappy plastic with same boring design.
25. NicoX (Posts: 13; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
According to your name hmmmmm i presume you are a samsung fanboy?
42. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Your comments are always "ugly"!
22. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
feel the meaning of premium design with SONY.
this can compete even with flagships.
26. NicoX (Posts: 13; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
If this was just 2gigs of ram this will be my new phone
27. dil2abu (Posts: 261; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Perfect replacement for my Xperia P :)
But no WhitMagic Display :(
But perfect design from Sony as usual..
28. techsavvy.jaz (Posts: 150; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
Sony time and again produces quality mid rangers, really hope pricing is right, hopefully get one, if released soon.
30. XYZ360 (Posts: 53; Member since: 01 Jan 2012)
Not impressed by the design but at least it's better than S4
32. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Sony does it again
33. Captain_Doug (Posts: 966; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I really want this. Lets hope it makes it over to the US. All that for $388? Such a great deal.
36. sonisoe (Posts: 398; Member since: 06 May 2009)
am getting this phone.... great size, seems solid performance, and good battery life
43. spideyhead256 (Posts: 148; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
this is what the xperia z should've looked like imo.this is the first phone which has made me go 'wow' in a long time and i'm not referencing that gimmicky (yet pretty awesome) looking LED light.
68. spideyhead256 (Posts: 148; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
but i'm talking about the xperia z..which seems to have taken the center stage in the news nowdays.the xperia z seems just too squarish and plain for my tastes.something i'd expect from lg.