Sony Xperia SL discovered, might be an upgraded Sony Xperia S
0. phoneArena 02 Jul 2012, 08:41 posted on
Is an upgraded version of the Sony Xperia S coming later this year? It seems like it, judging by the evidence discovered online just recently...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rahulcena5565 (Posts: 57; Member since: 01 Nov 2010)
I hope it has an 4.7' HD Screen, a quad-core processor, 12MP Full HD Camera, solid build quality and Android 4.1.
5. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
4.7''? i dont think so.. maybe 4.5''.. Quad core? highly unlikely, maybe S4.. the others i agree.. if this is just a upgrade, screen size MIGHT not change and it definitely won't be quad core
6. r41nier (Posts: 63; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
It will just be a refresh. Same as Xperia S (4.3" 720p) but with Snapdragon S4 (or S4 Pro).
2. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
We Asians use international bands unlike AT&T or tmobile
11. Jimstar (Posts: 259; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
AT&T uses the same bands that you guys do, this isn't news to anyone. Tmobile is a different story.
14. daniel_bargs (Posts: 323; Member since: 27 Nov 2010)
in Philippines, 2100 band is used... at&t and t-mobile has it right?
3. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
I have absolutely no problems at all with the current Xperia S so if it is an upgrade all I would like to see is the same specs but with Snapdragon S4 chipset!
7. ryq24 (Posts: 501; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
xperia s already available in asia. i hope its the international version of xperia gx with jelly bean. wishful thinking!
8. REYNER (Posts: 187; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
s4 chipset and capacitive touch in the transparent strip would be a perfect upgrade! :)
9. aayupanday (Posts: 517; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
IMO that will use a Dual Core 28nm Novathor CPU along with PowerVR Series 6 G6200 GPU.
10. Miquel_1987 (Posts: 21; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
I hope it's an upgrade : Bigger screen, quadcore cpu, bigger RAM and better menu,back,home buttons response and android jelly bean :) :). thas all i hope for sony
12. Jimstar (Posts: 259; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Where's this quad core chip gonna come from? Qualcomm hasn't said anything about a quad core chip moving out soon, and they damn sure aren't gonna start using Samsung chips overnight.
Temper your expectations a little...
13. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6497; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I like how SONY is keeping promises on their upgrades on their hand sets unlike some manufacteure