Sony Xperia S is now official, flaunts a 4.3-inch HD display
0. phoneArena posted on 09 Jan 2012, 15:10
The Sony Xperia S is now official. The smartphone comes with a 4.3-inch display offering 720 by 1280 pixels of resolution, and a 1.5GHz dual-core chipset is under its hood. You also get a 12-megapixel camera...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. AppleConspiracy posted on 09 Jan 2012, 15:16 6 0
Welcome back Sony, it's time you rock the world like you used to have!
6. jellytime posted on 09 Jan 2012, 15:29 0 0
I dont think it will be running Gingerbread when it's released.
20. nando2do posted on 09 Jan 2012, 18:48 0 0
yeah it will, sony just update their xperia x10 to gingerbread and it was a total disaster// for some reasons sony always has been having problems with updates, i think they will offer update to 4.0 until 3rd quarter of the year.
24. XiphiasGladius posted on 09 Jan 2012, 21:52 1 0
I doubt your Q3 estimate, wanna bet on that?, They've updated their early 2011 Xperia line about 4 times already since release. My Arc was already updated 4 times since purchase and their updates all ran well. I see no complaints on my part.
3. rjbp64 posted on 09 Jan 2012, 15:21 2 0
Does anyone know if this would come to the US and to what carrier? hopefully Verizon.
21. Birds posted on 09 Jan 2012, 18:49 0 0
I think the Ion is AT&T's variant but IDK. Hopefully Verizon will get it and ADVERTISE THIS PHONE REALLY WELL!!!!! lol
27. rjbp64 posted on 11 Jan 2012, 07:55 0 0
This phone is defenitely better than the Ion and it needs to come to Verizon!! It has the best look out of any phone ive ever seen. Seriously!
5. buggerrer posted on 09 Jan 2012, 15:29 0 1
seriously Sony .. is this your flagship? MSM8620? LCD ?
18. Jimstar posted on 09 Jan 2012, 18:09 1 0
Sony is the company that manufacturs S-LCD panels, you were expecting IPS or AMOLED + or something?
22. Birds posted on 09 Jan 2012, 18:55 3 0
Some of you people are so misinformed about LCDS that it makes me ill. IPS-LCD (LG or Toshiba product) are as good as Sony's S-LCDs. Both are types of TFT displays but use a different type of refresh rate henceforth, IPS screens tend to look more high contrast-ish and stuff...... S-LCD's are great, just gibe credit, where credit is due. The technology is amazing still. I mean AMOLED screens are to over-saturated and inaccurate. I don't see what all the hype is about the screen. S-LCDs are my prefered options.
7. tsets posted on 09 Jan 2012, 15:53 0 0
ok so cameraphones everywhere.......Nokia WTF are you? Still w8ting for the n8's succesor
8. jdktchkov posted on 09 Jan 2012, 16:02 0 0
Sadly it will glide by tmobile and but stuck on at&t
9. Gangzz posted on 09 Jan 2012, 16:02 0 0
SONY phone with a "Sony Ericsson" logo at the back panel?? If I buy one, I will peel that off.
12. christianqwerty posted on 09 Jan 2012, 16:25 0 0
Not being released with the latest version of the os....?
13. Jyakotu posted on 09 Jan 2012, 16:29 0 0
Looks great.! And to those talking about Android phones not coming preinstalled with ICS, be patient. It'll be awhile until newer phones come out with the latest OS, especially since OEMs still want to put their UIs over it. I'm glad the phone just has the Sony branding on it now instead of Sony Ericsson. AT&T stole the show today.
14. darac posted on 09 Jan 2012, 16:37 0 0
now that's better than that utterly generic looking ion..better, but not great.
For that, Sony needs a 4.5inch of screen imo, and a quad core, or the next gen dual core.
as for the LCD, I see no problem with it, arc already has an amazing screen, save for the viewing angles, and it's BRAVIA engine really makes a difference.
now with a hd resolution and resolved viewing angles(just look the video of ion) issue, this screen will be a killer.
15. bolaG posted on 09 Jan 2012, 16:43 0 0
Love this phone. If it came to VZW I would be tempted
16. smartx84 posted on 09 Jan 2012, 17:31 1 0
you can always count on sony (ericsson) and nokia to come out with great designs....
17. InspectorGadget80 posted on 09 Jan 2012, 17:56 0 0
Decisions decisions. Too many good ass phones our their too choose from.
19. droiddomination posted on 09 Jan 2012, 18:20 0 0
y did att get the s**tty sony phone instead of this sexxy thing? hmmm.
26. spiderpig2894 posted on 10 Jan 2012, 07:48 0 0
Xperia S and ion will have GB in the demo models. Available in Q1 & Q2 and is upgradable to ICS maybe on its final model. To ICS fans, dont be disappointed because of its GB OS. It is still a demo model. IT WILL BE UPGRADED
Video in the link includes new SONY products.