Sony Xperia S beats the HTC One X in a sleep-to-snap camera speed contest (video)
0. phoneArena posted on 03 Apr 2012, 06:55
Both the Sony Xperia S and the HTC One X claim sub-second focus and shoot times, similar to the zippy iPhone 4S, but who would be the fastest in actual everyday usage? Not surprisingly, the Sony Xperia S with its dedicated shutter button can beat them all, as it goes from a turned off screen to taking a picture quicker, eliminating the need to unlock the screen first...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jaytai0106 posted on 03 Apr 2012, 07:01 2 3
Not going to argue in this test. But who really shoots picture when the screen is still blank. -___-" be realistic people. I think Sony Xperia S is a very nice device :D but the screen is a little too small for my taste :(
5. PimpStrong posted on 03 Apr 2012, 08:02 4 1
I think they've done the absolute simplest way to the phone out of your pocket and take a picture. Pull it out and hold down the button and boom its taking a picture.
I don't have to find the power button or swipe anything. I'd still by far take the One X though.
21. jaytai0106 posted on 03 Apr 2012, 23:15 1 0
That's very true, but that only happened like 3 times in a year for me when I have to take a picture in a hurry. I think HTC One X is more all around device to say the least. Beside I have been wanting a bigger screen for a while :D
3. shadowseph posted on 03 Apr 2012, 07:44 3 2
So if want a quick shot of the Loch Ness monster as evidence I would go with the Xperia S but if I was doing a photo shoot with Big Foot I would definitely go with the HTC One X right?
4. thelegend6657 posted on 03 Apr 2012, 07:57 0 0
video from soyacincau again . SO proud of Malaysia .
6. PimpStrong posted on 03 Apr 2012, 08:04 3 0
I'm proud of HTC. They are doing a damn good job all around with this device.
7. andro. posted on 03 Apr 2012, 08:04 4 1
Its a good feature by Sony and the Xperia s is a top phone but having the pleasure of using the One x the last few days its the best phone available right now,thats until we see what monster samsung releases next in the gs3
9. karanstyle posted on 03 Apr 2012, 11:26 1 0
I want this SONY thing It gets so easy to Capture view and enjoy quickly and easily on my Sony TV with Home theatre and My VAIO.
All in all HTC is undoubtedly good. But I think Sony is planning to Xpload a boom in Entertainment Technology.
8. saket.shrivastava posted on 03 Apr 2012, 08:08 1 1
wanna catch chuck norris : xperia s
table tennis match report : one x
10. karanstyle posted on 03 Apr 2012, 11:34 1 0
Sh!t man! Xperia S was so fast in Sleep to Snap mode and TOP OF THAT Xperia S is 12Mpx and HTC One X is 8Mpx.
And Xperia S is even Gorgeous! This time I'll go for Sony than HTC... :-D
Galaxy Nexus eat my s**t! stupid 5Mpx!
19. Berzerk000 posted on 03 Apr 2012, 17:52 0 1
Megapixels aren't the whole story. There's also the lens, the optic software, etc. That's why the iPhone 4 5 megapixel camera was one of the best, it had good software and a good lens, it beat most 8 megapixel cameras on the market. The One X's camera is of high quality, and though I haven't seen the Xperia S pics, I believe the One X will hold it's own in image quality.
23. karanstyle posted on 04 Apr 2012, 12:15 0 0
Nothing is better in Camera in Mobile Camera Phones than Nokia or Sony! They're best and most innovating organizations when it comes to Camera but "yPhone 4 $"? and still just 5Mpx I'd rather prefer a Laptop than a "yPhone".
12. lubba posted on 03 Apr 2012, 12:24 1 1
Is that all there is to phone comparison is speed? I remember the days of photo quality and options shootout made for an interest read. Then there was also form factor, quality, material, options, interface, etc. Now it just speed, how fast a phone can load a porn site!
17. lubba posted on 03 Apr 2012, 17:30 0 0
Oops my bad! I meant to say to the power to load porn sites faster.
18. lubba posted on 03 Apr 2012, 17:35 0 0
One more thing, power alone doesn't make beautiful photos.
14. javorr posted on 03 Apr 2012, 15:03 0 0
You did not show pictures from the Sony burst mode ?
16. Nathan_ingx posted on 03 Apr 2012, 16:44 1 0
Faster from sleep mode...so???
I'd still take "The ONE"!
20. cripton805 posted on 03 Apr 2012, 20:01 0 0
Cmon guys, lets not forget they rated the HtC one a 7.8! Im saying that sarcastically.
22. Nathan_ingx posted on 04 Apr 2012, 03:35 1 0
What they rate is their opinion...not ours!!!
24. bayezid posted on 16 Apr 2012, 10:30 0 0
Wow!! Though i get some info fromhttp://startuptunes.com/2012/0
4/16/sony-xperia-s-and-nfc-simplicity-is-elegance/ . I think it will be awesome & smooth in operation.