Sony Xperia M is now official with 4-inch screen, dual-core processor, Exmor RS camera
0. phoneArena 04 Jun 2013, 04:05 posted on
Ladies and gents, meet the new Sony Xperia M smartphone, running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean! What the "M" in its title stands for is not clear, although "mid-range" would be a fitting guess as that's the category this smartphone belongs to. It packs a 4-inch TFT display with a resolution of 480 by 854 pixels, a dual-core Snapdragon processor, and a 5MP Exmor RS camera that can capture 720p video at 30 frames per second...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mayur007 (Posts: 363; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
i think price will be in between 14 to 16 grand by specs
but u will recieve 4.2 upgrade next year :P ,
5. mayur007 (Posts: 363; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
what i am expecting is poor and noisy snaps ..
6. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
This one should be the successor of Xperia J, Heck, Xperia J isnt even 1 year old yet but it lags even in normal homescreen navigation, i hope this one is a lot better. Good to see more colors being offered.
28. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2274; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I guess this will be quite good. After all, the Xperia J is powered by Snapdragon S1. Didn't even know that that exists..... And this is by Snapdragon s4. Quite a huge different.
19. lovefist (unregistered)
Xperia Meh. 4.2 next year.. Or no future updates at at all (most likely)
33. rusticguy (Posts: 2820; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Guess more than half the world Still waiting for JB on XP.
Sony updates are HORRIBLE.
34. rgxVOiD (Posts: 432; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
According to the white paper, its already 4.2.2
37. vikassharma14 (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Jan 2014)
I bought a Sony Xperia M a month back. There is some camera problem with the model. always i take a picture from the camera it comes with bluesh colour. due this the actual colour of the picture got changed. i register a complaint to customer care and brought the phone to service centre, they replaced the camera but the problem is not resolved. i think all the phone with same model are having same problem.
I bought Sony phone as i heard that sony is the market leader in camera quality but i think i wasted my money.
Is there any option to replace the phone and i can go for some other model of sony phone. My Complaint Number/Ticket Id is 13123100782 (31st Dec 2013) and my Job number is W113123100782 (1st Jan 2014). My Contact details :- Vikas Sharma, Mobile number : 9311566760. Request you to please do the needful as on urgent basis. PLEASE HELP ME
9. itsjustJOH (Posts: 74; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
Oh now every phone that uses the yellow color looks like a Lumia?
3. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
M = Masochist
That's the first word i could think of.
10. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5075; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
M = Mini
That's the first word I could think of.
16. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5075; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
M = M&M
That's the second word I could think of. :)
4. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Look at that bezel....but grants Sony all new phones add to the competition!
12. sri_tech (Posts: 187; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Not really. Sony already released Xperia E which is priced same as Lumia 520.
But the Lumia 520 has much better specs
(WVGA vs HVGA on Xperia),
(8GB vs 4 GB),
(5 MP vs 3.2MP on Xperia),
(S4 dual core vs old single core) etc..
I think this is lumia 620 competitor.
17. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
That's bases on specs alone though...I guess some people would prefer android...others would prefer wp
18. sri_tech (Posts: 187; Member since: 21 May 2013)
But Lumia 520 is huge success while Xperia E is a flop at least in India.
The reason is specs are very bad for what you are paying.
HVGA screen and android lags like hell on those old processors.
But the processor on this new Xperia M should be good.
25. lovefist (unregistered)
xperia j, xperia e and the recently released xperia L is a complete fail where i live. and this xperia m will follow soon.
good exterior, sh!t interior.
even the s4 mini has better resolution and ram and bang for the buck than this.
and most importantly sony is overpriced compared to other low end phones.
32. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Xperia SP is wayyy..... better option than S4 mini
8. pyradark (Posts: 741; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
well sammy release 2 giant phone, while sony releasing cute phone, but i dont know if thats going to sell. ZR is a competitive one, where the hell is the 2nd flagship??
14. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5075; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Decent specs, cute design, the yellow one looks funky.
Good job Sony!
26. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6148; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Sony is started too run out of letters. i havet see a b c n o or p
27. pyradark (Posts: 741; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Lol Xperia P is out last year or you just blinded by htc one which is a copy of BB Z10 and xperia P
31. ashue (Posts: 28; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
love the arc design at the back.... hope the battery gets no issue....
35. PorkyBurger (Posts: 197; Member since: 18 May 2013)
:/ Dang it, I have to buy a new phone this summer, but, Xperia M will release in Q3. I hope it will be in August. I really hope, because this phone is almost perfect for me, and my needs. :/
36. jagdish007 (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Oct 2013)
is the xperia M single version upgradable to JellyBean 4.2 ?