Sony Xperia M is now official with 4-inch screen, dual-core processor, Exmor RS camera
Sony Xperia M Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Cyber Monday 2013 deals on phones, tablets and other electronics
01 Dec 2013, 10:55
Sony Xperia M
- Latest model added to the Xperia range of premium smartphones, with Xperia M offering unique Sony experiences at new price point
- Combines Sony’s technology and design expertise with one-touch functions and a beautiful, striking form
- Dual SIM version also available - Xperia M dual
4th June 2013, London, United Kingdom – Sony Mobile Communications (“Sony Mobile”) today introduces Xperia M featuring Sony’s innovative one-touch functions for effortless connectivity, and signature premium design.
Xperia M is designed to bring Sony experiences to a new market and price point; NFC connectivity for one-touch functions, stunning design and a range of technologies including: a high quality screen for sharp viewing; smart camera functionality for impressive pictures and videos; Battery STAMINA Mode for outstanding battery life; and Sony’s signature media apps for enjoying photos, music, movies and games on the go, integrating Sony Entertainment Network services directly in the apps.
“Consumers looking for their first steps into the world of Xperia smartphones, would be well-advised to look at Xperia M or Xperia Mdual,” said Calum MacDougall, Director of Xperia Marketing at Sony Mobile Communications. “Both models benefit from Sony’s proven innovation and engineering expertise, and are perfect for those who want the premium technology and experiences often only associated with high-end models.”
Ease of sharing and enjoyment
Xperia M features Sony’s one-touch functions allowing you to easily and instantly enjoy photos and music across an array of devices, such as Sony’s SBH20 wireless stereo headset and latest range of NFC-enabled BRAVIA TVs, with just a single touch.
Premium, signature Sony design
Xperia M boasts Sony’s now familiar OmniBalance design, first introduced in flagship Xperia Z. The aesthetic language takes the form of a precision-crafted skeleton frame, and gives the phone a seamless look that is both tactile and sleek. Designed to complement the slim style, Xperia M also features colour-changing illuminations that can be personalised to visually alert you to incoming calls, text messages and alarms.
Xperia M and Xperia Mdual will be available in Black, White and Purple - a Yellow colour variation will also be available for the single SIM model.
Key features for Xperia M
- One-touch functions with NFC and screen mirroring, to display content on your TV or to share music and photos between devices
- Sony’s OmniBalance design, with generous 4” FWVGA touchscreen display and LED illuminations
- Sony’s signature audio enhancement technology ClearAudio+, xLOUD and 3D Surround Sound (VPT)
- 5 megapixel fast capture camera with auto-focus and HDR for photos, and dedicated shutter key
- Fast performance with dual-core processor
- Battery STAMINA Mode for outstanding battery life
- Available in Black, Purple, White and Yellow colour variations
Consistent Sony entertainment experiences
Xperia M benefits from Sony’s media applications, offering consistent entertainment experiences across mobile, tablet, desktop and console platforms. The “WALKMAN”, Album and Movies apps, provide online and offline content through a single access point with new ways to enjoy and share that content. The “WALKMAN” application provides access to all your downloaded music, plus Music Unlimited* with over 18 million songs to explore, and Facebook social integration. The “Movies” application gives consumers access to over 100,000 movies and TV series from Video Unlimited*. The “Album” application enables easy access to Facebook friends’ photos, as well as the ability to organise images both by location and, through the new “Faces” function, by the people that feature in them.
Sony’s entertainment technology turns content into experiences, and with Xperia M you can enjoy these experiences for longer thanks to Battery STAMINA Mode. The latest version of Sony’s battery management technology improves the standby time of your smartphone by four times or more**, by automatically shutting down battery-draining apps whenever the screen is off and starting them up again when the screen is back on.
Xperia M dual
The Dual SIM variant Xperia M dual lets users select between two SIMs before making a call or sending a message with just a single click. Each SIM card can also be customised separately – for example, a formal ring for business or another tune for pleasure - perfect when users want to separate work from play, and handle calls more efficiently.
Xperia M and Xperia M dual from Sony Mobile will both be available worldwide from Q3 2013.
1. mayur007 (Posts: 106; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
i think price will be in between 14 to 16 grand by specs
but u will recieve 4.2 upgrade next year :P ,
5. mayur007 (Posts: 106; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
what i am expecting is poor and noisy snaps ..
6. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
This one should be the successor of Xperia J, Heck, Xperia J isnt even 1 year old yet but it lags even in normal homescreen navigation, i hope this one is a lot better. Good to see more colors being offered.
28. ArtSim98 (Posts: 400; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I guess this will be quite good. After all, the Xperia J is powered by Snapdragon S1. Didn't even know that that exists..... And this is by Snapdragon s4. Quite a huge different.
19. lovefist (unregistered)
Xperia Meh. 4.2 next year.. Or no future updates at at all (most likely)
33. rusticguy (Posts: 2697; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Guess more than half the world Still waiting for JB on XP.
Sony updates are HORRIBLE.
34. rgxVOiD (Posts: 420; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
According to the white paper, its already 4.2.2
9. itsjustJOH (Posts: 59; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
Oh now every phone that uses the yellow color looks like a Lumia?
3. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
M = Masochist
That's the first word i could think of.
10. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3722; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
M = Mini
That's the first word I could think of.
16. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3722; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
M = M&M
That's the second word I could think of. :)
4. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1473; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Look at that bezel....but grants Sony all new phones add to the competition!
12. sri_tech (Posts: 149; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Not really. Sony already released Xperia E which is priced same as Lumia 520.
But the Lumia 520 has much better specs
(WVGA vs HVGA on Xperia),
(8GB vs 4 GB),
(5 MP vs 3.2MP on Xperia),
(S4 dual core vs old single core) etc..
I think this is lumia 620 competitor.
17. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1473; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
That's bases on specs alone though...I guess some people would prefer android...others would prefer wp
18. sri_tech (Posts: 149; Member since: 21 May 2013)
But Lumia 520 is huge success while Xperia E is a flop at least in India.
The reason is specs are very bad for what you are paying.
HVGA screen and android lags like hell on those old processors.
But the processor on this new Xperia M should be good.
25. lovefist (unregistered)
xperia j, xperia e and the recently released xperia L is a complete fail where i live. and this xperia m will follow soon.
good exterior, sh!t interior.
even the s4 mini has better resolution and ram and bang for the buck than this.
and most importantly sony is overpriced compared to other low end phones.
32. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 934; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Xperia SP is wayyy..... better option than S4 mini
8. pyradark (Posts: 622; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
well sammy release 2 giant phone, while sony releasing cute phone, but i dont know if thats going to sell. ZR is a competitive one, where the hell is the 2nd flagship??
14. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3722; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Decent specs, cute design, the yellow one looks funky.
Good job Sony!
26. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5167; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Sony is started too run out of letters. i havet see a b c n o or p
27. pyradark (Posts: 622; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Lol Xperia P is out last year or you just blinded by htc one which is a copy of BB Z10 and xperia P
31. ashue (Posts: 28; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
love the arc design at the back.... hope the battery gets no issue....
35. PorkyBurger (Posts: 28; Member since: 18 May 2013)
:/ Dang it, I have to buy a new phone this summer, but, Xperia M will release in Q3. I hope it will be in August. I really hope, because this phone is almost perfect for me, and my needs. :/
36. jagdish007 (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Oct 2013)
is the xperia M single version upgradable to JellyBean 4.2 ?