Sony Xperia GX and Xperia SX first promo videos appear flaunting curved lines and flashy colors
0. phoneArena 16 May 2012, 09:33 posted on
Courtesy of today's grand NTT DoCoMo summer lineup unveiling, we now have the first promotional videos of the newly minted Sony Xperia GX flagship and the Xperia SX mid-ranger, which are Japan-bound for now, but we hope to see them worldwide later on. The Xperia GX vid touts the curved design, which seems to be a heritage from the Xperia arc beauty queen, as well as the supposedly groundbreaking 13MP "stacked" Exmor R camera sensor...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Ah, the Arc is back :)
Good, Sony, glad you dropped that boxy Xperia S design and re-adopted the timeless classic you already had.
And the monolithic appearance from the front is AWESOME..you just can't tell apart the screen from the rest of the frame!
9. SonyFTW2020 (Posts: 305; Member since: 03 May 2012)
I like the S design more than ANY phone out there sorry! The arc cannot compare to the S man....
2. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Why Japan getting the best!! :( Hey Sony release this worldwide FAST!! looks soo damn good!!!
7. Atlas (Posts: 158; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)
Apparently they are releasing the GX internationally in September
3. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Sony Xperia GX is good looking smartphone, but:
Dual-Core instead of Quad-Core CPU
Only 1700 mAh battery
Sorry, but no! :(
5. ash29 (Posts: 55; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
Actually S4 Dualcore performance>Tegra 3
S4 Dualcore battery>>Tegra 3
6. jellytime (Posts: 135; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Don't forget, s4 dual core battery life > tegra 3 quad core battery life
10. SonyFTW2020 (Posts: 305; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Dual core is OK there is nothing wrong with dual core man, But I MOST DEFINITELY agree on the 1700 mAh battery thats LOWER than the S....What the hell man? this cant be the SUCCESSOR of the xperia S, sorry would still get the S over this one
8. zvadim (Posts: 7; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
This really should've dropped by summer, fall is too far away. Probably won't show up @ US carriers until 2013 & will be old news by then.
11. SonyFTW2020 (Posts: 305; Member since: 03 May 2012)
THIS CANNOT BE A SUCCESSOR to the S!! It has a lower battery and lower PPI you guys really dont know how to FINISH a product!! and its getting Frustrating seeing companies MESS UP successors to GREAT phones....such as the galaxy s3 and now the GX....