Sony Vaio Tap 11 takes Win 8 tablets to a whole new level of thin and light
0. phoneArena 06 Sep 2013, 09:02 posted on
Almost as thin as an iPad, the Full HD Tap 11 features a 4th generation Intel Core processor, plus your choice of SSDs up to 512 GB of capacity. There is a detachable aluminum-clad keyboard that serves as a screen cover, as well as a stylus pen coming with the Windows 8 tablet...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. akki20892 (Posts: 3798; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Just wow.....gorgeous beauty... But I'm getting same gorgeous beauty sony viao flip.
2. rf1975 (Posts: 253; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
This is called innovation......It will not take so long for Shamesung to copy this.....
3. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
You a funny guy.
Its basically a Microsoft Surface but lighter than thinner. With the keyboard attachment being aluminum instead of a soft felty touch, and with a backstand looking as sturdy as a toothpick
'Innovation'? Doing something different? This is hardly that.
6. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1150; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Its not innovation it's evolution. They just improved their devices making slimmer and stylish as always.
24. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
innovation was what surface pro was this is follow on trend set by MS
4. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Sony Z tablet is 6.9 mm thin, they know how to maximize components in small spaces while not losing style.
5. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1150; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Wohh that's a home run for sony
Design wise Sony is unmatchable.
7. alterecho (Posts: 1096; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Sony making windows tablet seems odd. Sony competing with Microsoft in console space, Sony saying no to Windows Phones...
11. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Since when did Sony say no to Windows Phones?
8. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Good job, Sony!
10. pellegrini (Posts: 84; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
It's indeed a beautiful tablet, but 5hrs of battery life is a bit sad.
12. clevername (Posts: 1435; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
I was really starting to feel this... Design was nice, specs were good...then they said 5 hours of battery life.... What. The. F$&%? No way. And then I seen the stand. Adjustable is good but stable it cannot be. That would tip left or tight with ease. Surface 2 is still on the plate.
20. JMartin22 (Posts: 1646; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
They're taking their tablet to a whole new level of short battery life! Good job OEMs.
21. suneeboy (Posts: 201; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
I think I've just found my next laptop/tablet/PC
22. papss (unregistered)
Other than battery life this is an amazing tablet. Great job sony
25. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Now whats the standby time? Im sure if you're going to be using this for 5 hours straight then you're most likely going to be near a power outlet. If you got by on the battery life of laptops i don't see how you can't with this.
26. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 216; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
This is gorgeous. MS will have a tough time matching this.
28. Taters (Posts: 5036; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
All this needs is better battery life and guaranteed no heating issues and RT is officially dead.
29. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1355; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
this is not the Final version. I hope that they create a hard dock for it like the Lenovo lynx or transformer has with a built in battery to extend it's battery life. then it would be great.