Sony Smartwatch 2 goes official: water-resistant, open API
0. phoneArena 25 Jun 2013, 03:30 posted on
Sony has just unveiled its impressive water-proof phablet, the Sony Xperia Z Ultra, but along with it comes an accessory that many have been waiting for…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. hms2407 (Posts: 94; Member since: 25 Apr 2013)
I threw my money at the screen and nothing happened !
3. tech2 (Posts: 3159; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
its because you didn't threw it hard enough ! I threw my wallet (almost all metal) and now I've a huge scratch on my screen :(
13. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
I threw my credit card and now it's broken.
Problem, JP Morgan?
2. tatail (Posts: 246; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
Looks elegant, but if you look at the specification it states:
NOT suitable for showering, bathing, swimming, diving, snorkeling, water related work and fishing.
So, the title should be changed to splash resistant not water resistant.
9. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
It's a warning to those who are fool thinking that gadgets are like toys that you can leave anywhere..
4. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1495; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Wonderful, only not a word about battery life which is what normally kills the deal with this kind of gadgests.
5. tatail (Posts: 246; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
it is available on Sony's website.
Low usage 7 days*
Normal usage, 3-4 days*
*Watch always on
16. joey_sfb (Posts: 4973; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I using the current version, the battery life is 2 to 3 days. Very useful for me as i pair it with my galaxy tab 7.7. The only negative is that the strap break quite easy but they include an adapter so i could buy my own 20mm leather wrist straps.
7. venkatvijay (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Jun 2013)
now we havt to carry one mobile, one watch + bluetooth also...
8. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
curiosity...but progress needs such peculiarities
10. ianbbaa (Posts: 305; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
ANT+ support would made this perfect companion...pity that SONY quit to support ANT+ as quick as they started with 2011 devices....
...where is SD card, headphone jack, nano SIM card for call redirection when i leave Z ULTRA at home for jogging....maybe next time....
11. pwnarena (Posts: 1128; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
z ultra has its accompanying bluetooth headset that has FM radio. you can use that. or just grab those water resistant earphones from sony with mp3 player. they cost around $50 only.
12. taikucing (unregistered)
And apple wants to patent the smartwatch...
14. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Thank God i didn't buy the previous version
this one is damn elegant
15. Lauticol (Posts: 285; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
Doesn't have Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy, just 3.0.. Big disappointment
17. timtimity (Posts: 196; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
I'm waiting for the Samsung Galaxy Altius.
18. valapsp (Posts: 552; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
First of all I LOVE IT. but it has some shortages such as bluetooth 3 and not bluetooth 4. low battery life compared to its rivals out there, no native google now support, no heart rate measurement or what so ever, no light sensor...