Sony QX10 and QX100 lens modules official: turn your smartphone into top-shelf camera
0. phoneArena 04 Sep 2013, 09:48 posted on
Sony's innovative QX10 and QX100 "lens-style cameras" are real, people, and they just got introduced at the company's IFA 2013 event. The concept lies on the premise that you don't want a bulky cameraphone with you at all times, but only at those periods you know you'll actually need it...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
5. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4588; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
But is it possible to attach it to the Nokia Lumia 1020? :D
8. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 544; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Nope but Lumia 1020 do pretty nice job as a camera phone or camera centric smartphone....
16. rihel_95 (Posts: 170; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
No. It supports Android and iOS, btw who would try to attach one??
29. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Bye bye Lumia 1020..
I will stick to my Android phone and buy these awesome lens XD
2. jeff_1 (Posts: 105; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
no need for this..my 808 pureview and N8 can capture jaw dropping photos with my hands alone.
4. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 544; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
I still think its kinda awesome
may be price is just too high. But it definitely take better picture than 808,N8
12. jeff_1 (Posts: 105; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
are you sure it takes better picture than 808? wheres the raw sample?
you are too excited..! just take it slowly if you have time..
lets all be honest
18. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 544; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Edit: I'm pretty sure it take better pictures than 808,N8
19. tadaa (Posts: 178; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
So? Don't buy it. Innovation doesn't need to stop just because you're satisfied
3. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 544; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
I like it.
its kinda innovative. Nice idea sony
and price seems little too high. But cooool
7. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4588; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Don't forget to thumb up your own comment. Oh! you already did that in less than a few seconds, nice! :D
10. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 544; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Well its my opinion and i like my opinion. Lol
21. jeff_1 (Posts: 105; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
hahaha best comment so far.. nice one PhoneArenaUser
11. android_hitman (Posts: 587; Member since: 07 Jul 2010)
if apple would have presented something like that and a Z1 equivalent, everybody in the conference room would have went berserk and because of the excitement even shi* themselves... but yea no excitement at all.. it was a boring Sony presentation Japanese style .. sad :(
6. _Bone_ (Posts: 2061; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
This is stupid. You already have a camera on your phone that should cover 90% of your everyday usage with acceptable quality, and if you want more, you can get a cheap but effective zoom/macro/wide lens off ebay. To buy these expensive lenses you then need to get out of your bag, get out of it's case, get your phone out of your pocket, attach the two together, unlock your phone, turn on the lens, turn on lens app then shoot is way too much hassle. Both just using your phone or just using a compact camera could do it MUCH faster and more conveniently, and if they are not quite enough, then DSLR is your answer not these expensive toys. You can get the PureView 808 for $500 for crying out loud!
26. rency0722 (Posts: 42; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
You get the Pureview 808 then what? $500 for a dead-weight Symbian phone which is not even "smart" to be called as "smartphone"?
27. _Bone_ (Posts: 2061; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
It's a lot smarter than a $500 lens HAHA.
9. kaliil10 (Posts: 144; Member since: 16 May 2012)
sorry Nokia we will miss you really. no other company can innovate camera on a smartphone. every challenger brings a bulky Lens like galaxy zoom and Sony z1.
15. jeff_1 (Posts: 105; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
I totally agree. NOKIA innovates the camera smartphone technology both on paper and hardware sides.
13. artealis (Posts: 98; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
110 minutes still and 25 video rec, this is very cool innovation the new way to waste some money. let see how many fanboy will really buy those things
14. hellonerds (Posts: 122; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Does this take retard Sony SD cards only? Hate them Sony pro duo/psvita card.. Its like Sony only wants you to use their products.
Its pretty cool but not the price.. Most I'll pay for top of line is 300$ for this..
Would like to slap this on the note 3 :D
22. gazmatic (Posts: 502; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
a fool and his money are soon separated
imagine the bulk this thing adds
people say that nokia phones are bricks with humps but competitors have yet to reach the level of nokia
plus this thing cost more than the og 808 pureview....