Sony Odin vs Sony Yuga vs HTC Droid DNA vs Galaxy S III size and benchmark comparison
0. phoneArena 22 Nov 2012, 09:19 posted on
Needless to say, the GLBenchmark database already houses preliminary tests from a Sony C6603 Yuga, which is rumored to be the global version of the US-bound Odin. Both variations seem to share the same specs - quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro, 2GB of RAM, and a 5" 1920x1080 pixels display with eventually the brightness-boosting WhiteMagic technology of Sony...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3913; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
What??? In which way?? Bigger?? Smaller??? Wider??
For all i'm seeing...all of them are similar and not overly larger or smaller than the other!
11. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Its remarkable because its a 5" screen packaged in a frame that's even smaller than the s3...what this means is that we are getting bigger screens phone without the phone itself getting bigger which I think is great...it means I can hope the s4 rumoured to have a larger screen them the s3 will not get any bigger in the actual phone size.
27. cretinick (Posts: 148; Member since: 25 Jan 2011)
The best way (or the only way?) for Samsung put a larger screen on the S4 without growing the unit, is giving up the physical buttons and adopting the standard Nexus of virtual buttons. Motorola, LG and Sony already adopted. In the Major League, just missing the HTC and Samsung.
30. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Honestly I hope Samsung don't get rid of the home button and I that many people like the Samsung devices due to the home button well I do anyways...am looking at my s3 right now and there is plenty of bezel available even with a home button for a larger screen.
45. JGuinan007 (Posts: 684; Member since: 19 May 2011)
The Home button is the worst part of the SGS3 and the Note 2 I hate it Nexus Style is the way to go. I still like the sgs3 and Note 2 but NO Physical Home Button, on screen buttons Nexus Style with larger screen and I would have bought them
44. iDroid8 (Posts: 155; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
If you think odin size is small as compared to S3 because it looks thus in the picture, then you also must note that in the picture the screen of the odin also looks the same size as S3 - but in reality it's not going to be so, its scren will be bigger than what shown and hence even the body
49. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
There is no need to look at any picture because we know dimensions:
Samsung Galaxy S III: 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm
Sony C650X (a.k.a. Odin): 131.6 x 69.7 x 9.8 mm
51. iDroid8 (Posts: 155; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
its just preliminary speculation-also wat u get in terms of actual available screen estate is going to be almost equal, given the sony flagship uses on screen keys
52. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"...but in reality it's not going to be so, its scren will be bigger than what shown and hence even the body"
It is also only your speculation.
"screen estate is going to be almost equal, given the sony flagship uses on screen keys"
But when you are watching video, photos or playing games virtual keys will hide.
53. iDroid8 (Posts: 155; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
i haven't used any device with on-screen keys, so can't really comment much on the second point but anyone can tell that the first point isn't just my speculation
and if the onscreen keys DO disappear, then how do you return to the home-screen? double tap on screen? does the video size reduce as soon as we do that? what about a game? i will constantly using/touching the screen then, no?
25. AnTuTu (Posts: 1580; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Sony Odin for sure.
Best design after s3 and HTC. Sony please keep it as it is pleaseeeeeeeeeee I love those thin bezels man :)
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3913; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Daniel...i'm seeing SII not SIII.
Besides that...i have to go for DNA here...it's awesome!
8. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3913; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Haha...i'm not that blind man!
The picture is SIII but what's written below is SII.
41. aaronkatrini (Posts: 241; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
oh.. you're right its written sII on the bottom
46. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3913; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
That's what i said!! :) Keen eyes! lol!
4. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Odin is sure to have on-screen buttons. It shows how compact 5inch screen phone can be.
Makes me wonder why Yuga has noticeably thicker top bezel
6. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Makes me wonder why Yuga has noticeably thicker top bezel"
This picture was made just for size comparison and noone exactly knows how it will look. :)
36. vivftp (Posts: 3; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
Sure we do :)
I can't post links yet, but search online and you'll find leaked pics of Yuga, front and back, and with the display on.
42. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Sure we can't since they are not official. :)
9. ryq24 (Posts: 731; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
by the time yuga or odin are release samsung galaxy s4 would already be in the market and it will also have a 5" screen.
38. vivftp (Posts: 3; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
Even if it does, that doesn't mean it'll be able to topple Odin/Yuga. Sony seems to be going for the gold with these phones. They'll have dragontrail glass on the front and back, plus a shatterproof sheet on both. This will give it a very premium look and feel, while making it very durable - far moreso than the iPhone 4 with its glass back. If you want to see dragontrail glass in action, go to Youtube and look up the Xperia Active. One of the first videos has a guy going to town on the screen with various tools and it shows just how amazing this material is.
Aside from the dragontrail glass, Yuga will be water and dust resistant, and Odin will have an IR blaster ala the Sony tablets so you can control all your AV equipment and whatnot with it. Plus also remember Sony is apparently working on a 6" phablet for the first half of 2013, so there's still more to come.
14. jphillips63 (Posts: 222; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
where's an honest showdown with the DNA and Iphone 5
26. romeo1 (Posts: 719; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
love to see what could be said so the iphone amazingly wins XD
15. xperiaboy (Posts: 12; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
the sony odin looks compact :) though i really hope that they will put a bigger battery in it :)