Sony Nexus X prototype leaks with Google branding and on-screen buttons
0. phoneArena 15 Oct 2012, 08:57 posted on
After the LG Nexus 4, which already got previewed completely in a prototype form, we had rumors for an HTC Nexus X, a Samsung Galaxy Nexus 2, and now for the first time we are seeing a Sony Nexus X picture leaking out...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
35. cretinick (Posts: 147; Member since: 25 Jan 2011)
It seems totally bogus to me.
But I'm still hopeful about the new Nexus program. Come on, Google! you can make it work!
These two weeks will be very long...
39. rizevnarastek (Posts: 338; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
This looks as fugly as Nexus 4.... what the hell is wrong with those designers??? Still having high hopes for HTC's Nexus. Hope it looks as good as their other devices otherwise its One X+ for me ;)
41. wendygarett (unregistered)
I don't understand why most of you say it's fugly... WTF!!! this is according to the xperia t design and LG nexus is following Optimus g... WTF!! BOTH ARE AWESOME AND YOU KNOW IT!!
44. rizevnarastek (Posts: 338; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
OK, the Sony variant does look better but Optimus G/Nexus 4 back looks like toilet tiles. and what the hell is up with the Sony's back? Besides I hate the box - rectangle shape. :
45. Savage (unregistered)
This will be awesome. Android already offers a lot of choice. Now even the Nexus department will be full of choices!
I'm mostly rooting for such a sexy design and storage options. The device which has a perfect combo of these two has my money.
46. The_Innovation (Posts: 585; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Just when I was already sure of getting the LG Nexus...
51. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the picture of the back is fake. The Sony logo is crooked and is not parallel to the lines of the bottom and top of the phone. So unless Sony likes their phones at a 10 degree slant, its fake.
78. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
its just an idea of whats to come if so......other wise good eye bro :)
56. bluexperia (Posts: 40; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
ever since sony made phones, their design were uncomparable to the others( not saying other phone ugly), but what happen to the bottom of the nexus sony??? why did you do that??? i`m sad..
57. bubbadoes (Posts: 559; Member since: 03 May 2012)
All of the Nexus brandings are beginning to confuse the heck out of me. Nexus, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, Nexus this, Nexus that--and I thought I knew Android pretty well...but I am lost as to the naming of these Nexus devices...
59. aokde (Posts: 186; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
its not confusing at all, nexus is the branding for "pure google" devices.
nexus 7 is a device with a 7" screen (a tablet by asus in this case)
nexus one was the first nexus (a phone by htc), nexus s was the second one (also a phone, by samsung), and galaxy nexus was the third (also a phone by samsung).
nexus Q is by google, it's a multimedia hub.
nexus 10 is a rumored device with a 10" screen (also a tablet of course), and other nexus phones that are rumored will be manufactured by multiple phone companies.
63. omacmagics (Posts: 42; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
Well if this turns out to be true that there will be other Nexus phones coming at the same time, I will have a hard time choosing 1 device. If however its only the LG Nexus device that releases on the 29th I will buy it. Long live the Nexus line (owner of the Nexus S)
64. cncrim (Posts: 631; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
I havE my money on LG one..... If the phototype turn out to be real production one and I have feeling that most people would prefer LG over Sony just plain simple LG loock much better and sexier.
69. jan25 (Posts: 437; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
if this doesn't top LG's specs i will go with LG, simple as that.
66. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
as long as its NOT 5 inches this will be amazing....
70. jan25 (Posts: 437; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
Android and Me and Android Central think it's a fake. everybody calm down :D
72. antmiu2 (Posts: 257; Member since: 19 Jun 2011)
looks long like a iphone 5, every manufacturer making nexus phones except motorola #MotoFail
73. Izzy_V (Posts: 216; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Damn competition for the best Nexus device is getting tough. I'm still hoping for a confirmation or at least a leak of a Motorola Nexus though.
81. osanilevich (Posts: 260; Member since: 29 Sep 2009)
I hope they drop the on-screen buttons
84. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Yeah, this should ship with no higher than 2.3. ICS & Jellybean are ugly.
82. ilkinandr92 (Posts: 45; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
This thing for sure is going to have S4 Krait quad core and 2 gigs of RAM. As google said these phones need to be Android 5.0 ready
83. DSLundMobilfunk (Posts: 2; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
Looks good, but why they put again a USB Port on the long left side of the Smartphone ? if you use the Smartphone inside a car in a carspecific Holder this will be a problem....
So Sony: Think about it...
Regards, Markus fromhttp://www.DSLundMobilfunk.de
92. adjou (Posts: 102; Member since: 06 Jul 2010)
Emm... In Japan, they drive on the left, therefore that ^ would not be an issue.
85. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Hate to say it what with everyone so enthusiastic for Sony, but yeah, that photo of the back of the phone looks highly faked. The bottom edge of the phone is lying at a different angle than the top edge. Even in perspective, it looks flat wrong.
Also, what benefit is there to Google to sell two Nexus phones with nearly identical specs? I'm all for multiple Nexus devices, but Google would find it easier to market only one of each size (phone, ~5", 7", 10").
86. aoikemono27 (Posts: 177; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Oh no anyone but Sony. I would like Asus instead, see what they can do if they actually get serious. Sony has been peppering the Android market with mediocre iterations of products. Sony has what, three flagship phones released this year? Xperia S, T, and whatever is releasing this holiday season, all designed to replace each other. Talk about terrible. The screens are the most mediocre of the lot. No IPS, no AMOLED, just low viewing angle, bravia oversharpened screens. The cameras are always blurry. They may have 12mp and then 13mp, but the numbers are really useless since they images are just blurry and noisy messes. Not to mention the blandest and ugliest square designs, if you can even call that design. These leaks, if true, make me sad that Sony is diluting the Nexus line with their mediocre stuff. I would be all over it if they were using this opportunity to turn a new leaf, but all I see is the same mediocre stuff repeated.
89. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I HOPE It's TRUE. been waiting for something like this. THE SONY NEXUS! Can't wait. Is it true Google going to announce a few NEXUS phones on the 29th?
90. sparemail72 (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 Oct 2012)
YES!!!! I want pure vanilla android in sony!! i was waiting for this long time ago!! plus a low light sensor, dual core processor, adreno 320!! im buying this!
91. minhajmsd (Posts: 7; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Now this is a phone I'd buy in a heartbeat
93. FranksGT (Posts: 167; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
Considering the UGLY design, and the huge bezel on top and bottom of the device. This wont sell that well.
94. BuddyGlass (Posts: 20; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
95. enGet (Posts: 29; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
No doubt even if real it would ship wiith Gingerbread. Sony sucks.
97. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
It's still crazy that this thing was a fake lol