Sony, Lenovo, Huawei and ZTE to launch MediaTek-based quad-core phones soon: are the cheap 1080p devices coming?
0. phoneArena 22 Mar 2013, 04:08 posted on
MediaTek’s quad-core MT6589 chip is behind the boom in cheap 1080p smartphones in China, and its popularity is only about to grow as big name manufacturers like Sony, Lenovo, Huawei and ZTE are…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. joesseth (Posts: 56; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
As an honest consumer, I don't like the sound of "Cheap", use "more affordable" instead.
10. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 307; Member since: 07 May 2012)
googd point because alot of these high end phone aren't worth the price with all the problems with build quality and phone dying radomly.
2. BitterTruth (unregistered)
Thanks for caring about those who can't afford high end phones
6. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5137; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I agree! Thanks to Sony, Lenovo, Huawei and ZTE, I hope their smartphones will become a big hit!
8. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5137; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Of course I know, I didn't even say Sony is cheap, I only said thanks to them for making affordable smartphones. Geez....
11. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 307; Member since: 07 May 2012)
did u even read his comment man. geeez
4. Bozzor (Posts: 106; Member since: 02 May 2012)
With 3D gaming, this CPU would have a heart attack, but really, if all someone does with a 1080p phone is basic websurfing, videos, music and apps such as newsreaders, location software and social media, then this chip is pretty much fine...and with stellar battery life.
15. SamuraiCER (Posts: 3; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
Not really, the PowerVR gpu on this chip isn't too much of a slouch
5. istitch (Posts: 157; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
That's a right move for Sony to not place their products high as apple
9. ktime (Posts: 7; Member since: 11 Dec 2012)
In another word, they provide CHOICE where apple is none
12. Sangeet (Posts: 232; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
India is rocking with MediaTek Chipsets, i am loving it, now everyone here can get a quad core phone with a HD Screen for $200. Thanks to companies like Micromax and others..
14. rusticguy (Posts: 2826; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Micromax Karbon et al have 40% of market share i guess. Mciromax should increase builtin storage to 16gb as bare min.
13. Fruitpoop (Posts: 34; Member since: 27 Dec 2012)
Still a better resolution than the iPhone 5.