Sony Honami mockup confirms Sony Xperia Z1 name
0. phoneArena 27 Aug 2013, 03:57 posted on
As we get closer to the September 4th introduction of Sony's two interchangeable camera lens for the Apple iPhone and Android, there also is the little matter of that new camera-centric phone that the Japanese OEM is expected to introduce on that very same day; for what seems like forever, we have heard this model referred to as the Sony i1 Honami, That is, until recently...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. noler (Posts: 218; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
The screen bezel is so huge why Sony not used this bezel to free screen space and put capacitive button?
7. kobainez (Posts: 341; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
It's not the ui that is ugly, It's the wallpaper. If they use another wallpaper it would look great
14. noler (Posts: 218; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
No, I'm talking about the Icons and on screen buttons.
23. vincelongman (Posts: 2376; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Can you download a icon pack to change them? (I'm not sure, I don't have an Android yet)
5. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
just shut up! tried of same old comment. how repetitive can you all really be?
8. kobainez (Posts: 341; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Well, Your galaxy s4 with small bezels looks way uglier than this
13. noler (Posts: 218; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
galaxy s4 is ugly but it still not reduces the z1 bezel.
12. istitch (Posts: 177; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
im sorry but there are always 2 sides to look at bezel
small bezel = smaller footprint = more compact
big bezel = better control = better user experience.
22. Kurai (unregistered)
The bezel is huge on the Z1 because of its waterproofness like the bezel on the Z. Rebember the other variant of the Z, the ZL? It's not waterproof but it became the smallest bezel to screen ratio on any smartphone until it was snatched by another company recently.
4. sapibuntinx (Posts: 55; Member since: 08 May 2013)
WOWWW!!! what a BEAST!!! super cool premium metal glass titanium carbon fibre best ever made big bezels for a flagship phone by sony, trolololololol......
shame on you sung for your cheap plastic bla bla bla...
25. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Haha... keep talking BS about bezels.
Yeah shame on you sung for your S4 Active because its taller, wider, thicker and heavier than Xperia Z.
Dust and waterproof “IP58” maybe its also shockproof, 3000 mAh battery, bigger and more powerful speakers than Xperia Z is the reason for big bezels.
6. epicandroid (banned) (Posts: 40; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
Same design..definitely not attractive anymore...too boring
11. istitch (Posts: 177; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
it has not even 1 full year when the first Xperia Z was introduced, you expect them to change the design for every phone they come out? The Xperia Z got praised and of course they will keep it for some times.
It's not like they use the same Xperia Z design for ALL THEIR PHONE INCLUDING LOW END MID RANGE like samsung did.
please, grow up.
24. pwnarena (Posts: 1019; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
well the xperia s and xperia t were announced on the same year but they have different designs.
9. darkskoliro (Posts: 1041; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Next year, if they make a deal breaker with for a mid range phone that performs well (which should be expected considering how fast technology is rising) and at a very very competitive price, even just for one year, it may increase rep and sales significantly..
15. meeaaoon (Posts: 24; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
Xperia Z is already too big for 5 inch LCD and now Xperia Z1 is even bigger than Z :/ why why whyy :/ they should make a little thicker than this like xperia Z and ZL :/
29. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6975; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
bigger battery bigger lenses for the last time if u dont like the bezel then don't buy it
16. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3378; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
If the center one is Z1, why they made it li'l bit taller, personally I didn't liked that.
17. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 461; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Having big bezels are maybe for its resistance to water and dust or fitting a 3k mAh battery to achieve slimmer profile or maybe to put the big camera sensor above the LCD and battery to achieve slimmer profile. But I did wish that Sony can make a phone with thinner bezels with at least 9mm of thickness.
18. khmer (Posts: 93; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
I hope the Galaxy S5 phone is better then this, but Samsung will stick with plastic and 16mp.
19. bakhtawar (Posts: 41; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
feb or march Xperia Z 2 the king of 2014 phones alreay came
20. bakhtawar (Posts: 41; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
2014 Xperia Q1 Flagship Specs :)
5.2 inch Full HD screen Triluminos
Snapdragon MSM8984 processor 2.3 ghz (more powerful Snapdragon 800)
Andreno 420 GPU
4K Video recording
3200 Mah Battery
26. Taters (Posts: 3846; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Bigger than the Xperia Z is a terrible move. LG G2 made the same mistake. And HTC One is way too big for a phone with a 4.7 inch screen too.
That is probably why Samsung is still outselling these suckers big time, they are the only ones that get big screen matters but so does portability. The Moto X is on the right track but it is kind of chunky in thickness too.
27. oister85 (Posts: 426; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
all I'm saying that Samsung took the heat about the galaxy s4 not changing the design of the phone, while the Xperia z1 did not change all, and no one is saying anything about it.
31. Taters (Posts: 3846; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
That is what happens when you dominate and make enemies along the way. That is how it works for any big company. You get a lot of detractors.
28. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6975; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
3 BEAUTIFUL DEVICES. and waits for the Z1 too reach U.S. SHORES