Sony Honami first teaser image posted on Sony Mobile's Facebook
As we draw ever closer to a time when Sony will finally see fit to put us out of our misery and show us the Honami, there's no denying that the hype has reached its peak. Of course, being in a position to benefit handsomely from the buzz, the Sony Mobile team has every intention to keep us on our toes. To that end, a new teaser image of the Honami, hashtagged #bestofSony, has been published on Sony Mobile's Facebook page and on their Twitter handle simply stating:
"It’s the smartphone everyone’s been talking about... not long now #bestofSony".
Interestingly enough, a similar-looking teaser image (seen in the gallery below) was leaked earlier this month, but the device on that one featured only a power button, unlike this one.
Anyway, it doesn't really matter whether you're a Sony fan or not, nor whether you're excited about the upcoming Sony Honami/Z1, right now. A new flagship release is a new flagship release, and just as simply as that – if quality products are what you're looking for – the more, the better.
Speaking of quality products, there's no denying that Sony has been hard at work, improving their offerings – a not so easy feat, considering the ruthlessly fierce competition. And before you brand us as being anything less than impartial – the tech incorporated in the Sony Z Ultra's display, which we expect to be packed in the Honami's, too, has been showcased to be perceptibly improved.
So go ahead and check the latest teaser courtesy of Sony.
Sony Honami Teaser(s) Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
This Samsung Galaxy F (S5 Premium) concept looks almost real
07 Mar 2014, 23:59
Spring chickens: Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Sony Xperia Z2 comparison preview
26 Feb 2014, 09:37
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Sony Honami Teaser(s)
1. An official Sony Honami teaser from today
2. An allegedly official teaser for the Sony Honami from a while back
3. An allegedly official teaser for the Sony Honami from a while back
4. An allegedly official teaser for the Sony Honami from a while back
source: Sony Mobile
11. sapibuntinx (Posts: 50; Member since: 08 May 2013)
omfg... that's a very thick bezel for a flagship... is this a real flagship? I think it's just a mediocre phone... look at those LG G2... hohoho...
14. Commentator (Posts: 2096; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
You can't even see the bezel in any of these pics.
16. james004 (limited) (Posts: 410; Member since: 15 May 2013)
this " sapibuntinx " troll either just got dumped or is on his period.
as for pic, come on sony! showing us some old button? if anything show us speaker grill!
24. vincelongman (Posts: 488; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I hope the leaks were wrong because in the leaks the Honami was bigger than the Xperia Z and probably nearly the size of the Note II.
I hope its the size of the HTC One, it would be perfect if it was the size of the Xperia ZL.
If its bigger than the Xperia Z I'll pass, but if its about the size of the One I will seriously consider buying it for my next phone .
19. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Hahaha... another stupid troll Can you show me any dust and waterproof phone with bezelless body???
29. Twashbush (Posts: 47; Member since: 08 Jun 2011)
Any of the new Moto phones? they are all dust/water proof and near bezel-less
32. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
One more stupid troll new moto phones are only splash resistant.
“Near bezelless” hahaha... even 4.7 Moto X is not good enough to beat Xperia ZL in terms of screen to bezels ratio.
Please show me any bezelles 5” phones with IP rating at least IP57!!!
33. Twashbush (Posts: 47; Member since: 08 Jun 2011)
the moto droid razr / razr maxx / razr M / razr HD / HD maxx / ultra / MAXX / mini / X have all been IP57
not trolling stating facts. and i like the sony phones nice design, good build quality, good hardware. but I like the Motorola's More
34. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
please stop your stupidity the only Motorola phone with IP67 is Defy
The other and latest Motorola phones like Ultra/Maxx/Mini/X is using nano coating but they only splash resistant and non of them with bezelles body that good enough to compete with Xperia ZL.
35. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
If you read about build quality in this review it will give you a clue about nano coating in Moto X
17. james004 (limited) (Posts: 410; Member since: 15 May 2013)
those shouldnt be counted as sony fans, they are bangwagons that jump on any hyped up phone discussion. before XZ existed noone cared about sony.
PA has done very good job of cover honami news. more than other websites i'd say.
3. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I really hope this time Sony will do it right...if not....downfall will be painful.
I don't expect it will beat 1020, it won't, given how thin it is and how many compromises sony had to make in order to keep its dimensions but...but...I hope it will show sony still has balls and kick htc's and samsung's asses.
13. Cod3rror (Posts: 49; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Don't count on it. Sony does not seem to have a very good smartphone camera division. Apple, Samsung and others produce much better images with Sony's own camera sensors.
18. james004 (limited) (Posts: 410; Member since: 15 May 2013)
remember purple ray of light iphone had in camera?
cant recall any samsung issue at the moment but pretty sure they had some downfall with camera at some point too.
nothing is perfect man, there is a process of learning that every company goes through. sony is just getting serious about their phones, xperia t was first attempt then z and now honami. think of this as galaxy s3 or iphone4.
25. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 208; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
It had that purple tint issue bit beside that it was an amazing camera. Sony doesn't just have an issue or two, they make s**tty cameras for their mobile phones compared to the competition. Its so SAD and STUPID when they make AMAZING DSLR'r, amazing point and shoot, amazing mirrorles with great quality. They could use all that technology they have in imaging and make the best camera phone not now, but 2-3 years ago. I have no freaking idea what they been doing with their mobile division and cause of that I never bought a sony phone. It just shows they are not serious about their phones.
27. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
so you're saying that Sony hasn't tried too much so far.
Maybe they just don't know how to execute properly their products.
That would be a valid point in my opinion given their history since the first xperia.
4. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
This phone looks great, and I hope it does well.
5. freebee269 (Posts: 490; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
i'm interested in this phone. but i have a question for anyone with a sony phone. how is the community development for sony phones? is it harder or easier in your experience for the community like on xda to root and unlock sony phones to add custom roms vs. other oem's?
8. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 239; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Looks pretty good to me.
9. freebee269 (Posts: 490; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
yes that does look pretty lively. thank you.
26. Chris.P (Posts: 174; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
Seems somewhat unlikely, seeing as Verizon doesn't really carry anything from Sony (that is recent), as far as I know. There's no telling, though.
7. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
After owning a Z tablet for a few months, I'm leaning towards making my next phone a Sony. Liking what I see so far.
10. rickysam (Posts: 43; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
i thought of buying this one but the dimensions are too big for a 5 inch flagship and yesterdays news regarding the screen and camera made me step away from this phone still i will be keeping an eye on it
12. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4694; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Judging from the leak photos of the Honami, it looks similar to the Xperia Z. I'm not saying that it's ugly, but I really hope that the Honami will be sexier, so it can punch Samsung in the face. But we have to wait for the announcement anyway.
21. amilcarmz86 (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
i like sony more than samsung... now hate me :D
28. amasog (Posts: 72; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
ouch!! as usual, the power button is very ugly.
30. SIGPRO (Posts: 327; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Move on people nothing special here, even the camera is not that gooed!
31. amasog (Posts: 72; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
exactly! nothing. just like when xperia Z was unveiled, be ready for disappointments.