Sony Honami cameraphone might land as Z1, marking the first 'One Sony' handset
0. phoneArena 20 Aug 2013, 02:54 posted on
The "One Sony" strategy was announced by CEO Kaz Hirai last year, and aimed at cross-department collaboration, so new products benefit from the best the company is capable of in each of their aspects. Thus the Sony Z1 is expected to feature the BIONZ image processing engine, superior audio, and Sony's new Triluminous display technology, coming from the company's TV panels, that proved itself already in the Z Ultra phablet...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Why not Z2? The Xperia Z was the first ONE in the Z series.
7. sri_tech (Posts: 188; Member since: 21 May 2013)
That would make the "Xperia Z" irrelevant because Z2 would be coming in less than 7 months after Z1.
12. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
I think it would be called Xperia Z One, Just like HTC One, and Xbox One.. hehe
15. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 847; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Yeah that's sounds cool Xperia Z One
this "One" title is kinda like a trend now
HTC One, xbox One
neo, he is the chosen "One"
13. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
Z2 is coming this upcoming May 2014 according to sources
19. garlic456 (Posts: 186; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
Hey... isn't honami going to have a big camera?
29. james004 (Posts: 477; Member since: 15 May 2013)
no its almost typical smartphone camera size, tiny bit bigger and 20mp shoved in it.
but theoretically this should be best camera in android. lets see.
2. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1949; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
The "Z Ultra"...infinti.................
21. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Then it should be called Xperia ZONE.
5. emadshiny (Posts: 1135; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Exactly the same as what they did in their laptops.
18. a_tumiwa (Posts: 280; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
not only smartphone and laptops,their DAP flagship (digital audio players) also use name Z1000 and their headphones flagship use name Z1000
looks like Sony want to make Z like Samsung to S and Apple to i
22. vincelongman (Posts: 1318; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I hate that Sony don't have a high-end flagship like the VAIO Z many many years ago (before they changed it into a ultrabook).
Their new Pro series are ultrabooks like the MacBook Air, ATIV Book 9, S7, X1 Carbon,...
I wish Sony would make a new high-end flagship like the MacBook Pro Retina, ATIV Book 8, ZENBOOK Prime UX51Vz.
30. james004 (Posts: 477; Member since: 15 May 2013)
the xperia t was supposed to be flagship too. and well one year later no one knows its name.
sony is still learning the marketing system and i see them making mistake of moving away from "z" like they did with "t"
6. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
I WANT THIS PHONE SO BAD...and Z1 is a cool..
8. lhtbinh1909 (Posts: 53; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
LG left Optimus, Sony 's leaving Xperia. When will Nokia leave Lumia, SS leave Galaxy? LoL
17. sri_tech (Posts: 188; Member since: 21 May 2013)
I don't think Nokia and Samsung leave their brands. They are more popular among users.
Nokia might not be selling as many phones as LG or Sony currently, but the awareness for Lumia is definitely higher than Optimus.
Also, I believe Sony should not leave Xperia. They should just call Xperia Z1, Z2 etc..
They need that sub branding for mid-low range phones.
24. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
no they are not leaving Xperia, where did u get that idea?
31. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1396; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
They had this name since 2008 (Sony Ericsson).
10. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
and Two members from ESATO have already confirmed that Honami is better than Lumia 1020
i checked it today
the source is the photographic artist who works fo Sony beijing and has seen Honami
and this doomlord who leaked name is being followed by Xperia mobile on twitter as soon he leaked the name Z1
11. ngyixian96 (Posts: 85; Member since: 05 Feb 2012)
Z1 is not good , should call it Z .1
Anyway , this phone is using Exmor R or Exmor RS for the camera ???
14. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
most probably it will be Exmor R
this time no Exmor RS
23. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5482; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
20MP Exmor R sensor capable for 4K (4000×2000 res.) video shooting.
20. YodhaMali (Posts: 41; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
I'm not a fan of the naming scheme of Sony's smartphones which goes by mere alphabets. If I were the CEO, I would give every phone a different name instead, just like 2011's Sony Ericsson phones, which ensures the customers don't get confused of the phones.
Moving on to flagships, I would continue naming them with Z series. There's already Xperia Z, that should make "Honami" as Z II, the next flagship as Z III and so on. For what it's worth, Samsung's Galaxy S Series phones have earned such an elite recognition because they persisted with naming their flagships as S series which automatically gives the next iteration of the phone in the series a big hype.
25. pyradark (Posts: 775; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Go build ur own mobile company and name whatever u like on ur phone
26. SonyPS4 (Posts: 256; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Same. I prefer name like Arc, Ray, Neo they used last time. Easier to remember.
28. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6581; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
LOVELY DESIGN SONY only a week away till announcement
32. Amir1 (Posts: 267; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
anyone besides me wonders why some people and sites claim the honami will have xenon flash while the latest leaks only reveal a led flash? i fail to understand that.
34. amats69 (Posts: 1086; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Im waiting for the unvieling of this beast phone! Im really excited