Sony Ericsson wants to be just Sony
0. phoneArena posted on 06 Oct 2011, 12:19
The Sony Ericsson joint-venture might soon be just Sony, if reports that the Japanese are looking to buy Ericsson's share hold water...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. bolaG posted on 06 Oct 2011, 12:24 0 4
I dont get how they are ONLY makeing smartphones from now on??!
Sony(TV, Stereos, DVDs, Blue Ray, etc)
4. bolaG posted on 06 Oct 2011, 12:36 0 1
lol I guess. didnt realy specify it on the article though. should have said something along the lines of: sony will continue making it usuall products but in terms of mobility will focus only on smartphones from now on.
6. corporateJP posted on 06 Oct 2011, 12:42 0 0
You must have skipped half the article, friend.
Didn't see that part about integration with their T.V.'s, stereos, computers and game systems?
7. bolaG posted on 06 Oct 2011, 13:02 0 1
I did. All I'm saying is that its confusing. Poorly formulated sentence. If it said:
"Sony will step away from making feature phones and focus only on smartphones from now on..."
It would have made more sense and not confuse me. I woke up like an hour ago. Give me a break :P
10. alpinejason posted on 06 Oct 2011, 13:36 0 0
excuses excuses excuses.yawn.
3. AbsentbebniM (unregistered) posted on 06 Oct 2011, 12:36 1 1
It was very poorly written. The point they were trying to get across is that the present SonyEricsson division wishes to make smartphones going forward... as opposed to feature phones. That means no more entry-level candy bar phones reminiscent of the early 90s. Smartphones are where the market is headed. If they continue in the feature phone arena it'd be as successful as if they continued making cassette walkman players.
5. ChiX017 (unregistered) posted on 06 Oct 2011, 12:37 0 0
8. mukrenol posted on 06 Oct 2011, 13:13 0 0
i really hope sony will continue to make a few feature phones too along with all the great smart phones
there are still some part of the market that only wants to use feature phones and nothing more
with physical keypads and don't mind the small screen
sony is a good brand by itself
i don't mind if they buy out the shares and change the name
as long as they are moving forward and not backwards
you, sony, will have my full support as a customer!
12. Phoneguy007 posted on 06 Oct 2011, 14:21 0 0
Sony is looking for a way to keep its market share since smart phones now account for more game downloads then ps3 or xbox. I think this move is a must!
13. GeckoHA559 posted on 06 Oct 2011, 19:00 3 0
Sony Ericsson logo is much better than the Sony logo.
14. lubba posted on 06 Oct 2011, 19:06 0 1
Fallowing or copying MS's footsteps. Lolzzz!!! No wonder they don't want to build wp7.
15. adjou posted on 06 Oct 2011, 19:58 1 0
What? How in anyway is this about MS?
Oh, is fOllowing
17. lubba posted on 06 Oct 2011, 20:53 0 0
integration between their systems you know like MS. One ecosystem; wp7, xbox, windows 8.
18. lubba posted on 06 Oct 2011, 20:56 0 0
We'll all see it next year what MS will do. My assumption is this is what sony planning.
20. Vic (unregistered) posted on 07 Oct 2011, 06:08 0 0
Ericsson is a very strong brand. this would be a bad decision. After all without Ericsson, Sony Ericsson would be what it is now. Lets not forget that Ericsson was a leader in the market when the joint-venture was made. Sony was just a insignificant player at that time.
22. samirsshah posted on 07 Oct 2011, 21:09 0 0
Use the standard 'SONY' logo.
Yes. there is some recognition of 'Sony Ericcson' logo, but it should be Sony's goal to move away from the 'Sony Ericcson' logo to standard 'SONY' logo.
When you have a very very very very strong brand like 'SONY' never compromise it with something like 'Ericcson' and with this kind of a logo no matter however good it looks.
Dear Ericcson, I have nothing against you. Extract your 'pound of flesh' and let Sony go.