Sony Ericsson to update its 2011 Xperia lineup to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich?
0. phoneArena 20 Oct 2011, 06:05 posted on
Good news, Sony Ericsson fans! SE has allegedly confirmed that all of its 2011 Xperia Android fleet will get updated to the “next Android platform,”...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ayephoner (Posts: 837; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
what does this meeeeean???????
5. Victor.H (Posts: 445; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Okay, to be completely clear by the otherwise funny "allegedly confirmed" here I mean that it's what the source has assumed and it's a Dutch source, so I'm taking that assumption as I don't speak the language.
As far as SE's statement translation and some other source point out, though, it's not 100% clear whether SE is referring to ICS or Gingerbread 2.3.x as the next platform.
2. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
it means that SE is now becoming the best in after sales support..
4. ayephoner (Posts: 837; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
i hope so for sony owners.
i was just trying to be funny. 'confirmed' is normally such a concrete idea, to be combined with allegedly seems funny to me. along with the vague quote and other diction of the article (could well mean), it seems the author was anxious to err on the side of speculation (which is fine).
good article and good news. i hope it happens soon!
3. ivanprskalo (Posts: 113; Member since: 09 Dec 2010)
F!nally showing signs of life out there..
6. wellwits (Posts: 3; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Where is the SE ray? Won't it be updated ? :(
8. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6597; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I doubt it. I used to have the X10 it took them A YEAR to get 2.3 Ginger Bread. So I'm glad I returned my X10 under the store warranty never buy another SONY phone until they update the software on time.
10. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 803; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Then you should buy one now cuz they've just updated their 2011 xperia line from 2.3.2 to 2.3.3 then to 2.3.4.
11. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
check it out dude, SE has now the most up to date line up of phones..
9. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Thats means a complete overhaul with their own UI with their timescape, media thingy whatever.
12. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Huge rumor about SE already working on a phone with Android 4.0
Could come as a the Arc LTE, or Xperia LTE, ITs pretty much gonna have your typical specs. But with LTE
Display is gonna be interesting.