Sony Ericsson crowd-sourcing ICS preview ROMs
0. phoneArena posted on 15 Dec 2011, 11:37
This is one of the coolest stories we've come across in a while. Sony Ericsson is really taking the update to Android 4.0 seriously by releasing alpha builds for certain phones and even asking for community help in the process...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. dws93 posted on 15 Dec 2011, 12:09 14 1
WOW I think Sony Ericsson is working very hard these days , I hope to see the old glamour of SE coming back
2. RamyRamz69 posted on 15 Dec 2011, 12:49 4 0
Sony Ericsson #1....
Can't wait for my Arc to get updated.
5. israelian posted on 15 Dec 2011, 13:42 4 0
I'm Neo user. I somehow think there's no much differences between this alpha ICS and Sony's 2.3.4 :(
Here are my suggestion to Sony developer teams for the upcoming ICS features:
- updated kernel to 3.0. why does sony still use old kernel 2.6? are they joking? Samsung's has already moved to 3.0. Sony doesn't make any senses to me.
- face unlock feature for xperia series which have front camera
- revamped themes. I still see gingerbread appearances on ICS Alpha version
- status switch on notification bar
- improved battery lifetime
- mega bass feature on music player as old walkman phone W series
it doesn't matter to me whether sony will launch the Final ICS on Feb or mar 2012, so long as we would get revamped themes and updated kernel to 3.0 or newer.
6. JGuinan007 posted on 15 Dec 2011, 13:43 1 2
I thought Sony bought out Ericson and now the company is just Sony so shouldn't Ericson be excluded from the names in this article?