Sony Ericsson Xperia owners can now get 50GB of free storage on Box.net
0. phoneArena 29 Nov 2011, 03:31 posted on
The Sony Ericsson Xperia lineup might have not yet made the jump to dual-core processors, but Sony Ericsson has promised ICS updates to arrive in March 2012, and now it adds one more bonus for…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. samda (Posts: 52; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
Well, what to say other than I'm proud for being an SE user.
2. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 801; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Same here, although I wont use it at the moment but that is one good news. Seems like Sony is preppin' for a Bang in 2012 (fingers crossed)
3. willywill_evo (Posts: 162; Member since: 05 Jan 2011)
great news but be carefull of what you store in the cloud (o)(o)
4. sudhar131998 (Posts: 63; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
this is the second time I saw the news on sony ericsson website before phonearena but thet time the market link was not working .
the first time was when sony ericsson xperia arc s appeared in the mobile phones list
5. nanozander (Posts: 57; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Honestly i'm not that in to the idea of having cut on local storage in favor of the 'cloud'.
1) Depending on where you are, access to the cloud may be slow.
2) Waste of Data. Especially if you travel alot.
3) Downtimes on server. Unlikely but still possible.
Still hoping that the finalised nozomi would have at LEAST 16gb internal storage.. =(
6. samda (Posts: 52; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
Nozomi is stated to have 32gb of internal storage, don't worry.
As for this, it's always good to have a choice, you're not forced to use this cloud. I too won't use it just yet but I'll for sure make an account at least.
7. newman69 (Posts: 14; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
It's wrong information
i gat the letter from box.net~
Ryan, Nov-30 08:11 am (PST):
Thank you for contacting Box support. Yesterday, Sony Ericsson mistakenly posted a promo offering free 50GB Box accounts to owners of Xperia devices. This offer is not active. We are committed to delivering the best Box mobile experience to all our Android customers, and will hopefully offer this promotion with Sony Ericsson in the near future. We'll be sure to communicate the promotion via the Box Community, our blog and on Twitter @boxdotnet, if and when it goes live. In the meantime, you can continue to use the Box application on your device and utilize your free 5GB of storage. Sony Ericsson has more details about the error on its blog here:http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/
If you have any questions about this, you can contact Sony Ericsson for more info athttp://talk.sonyericsson.com/c