Sony Ericsson W8: welcome the first Walkman phone on Android
0. phoneArena posted on 21 Apr 2011, 07:59
We've heard rumors about it, but it wasn't quite sure up until now – the Sony Ericsson W8 Walkman phone on Android is here. Sony Ericsson has obviously decided to try and continue its Walkman lineup years after the Walkman series walked their walk…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 21 Apr 2011, 08:48 0 2
Isn't every phone well almost every phone now a music player? I really don't see this selling to well. I would rather get a top of the line phone & go out and get a sweet pair of Skull Candy headphones & be set. Maybe they are targeting the low end market because to release a phone with 2.1 Éclair is not for the mainstream smart phone user. This phone better be like $49.99 with a 2 year contract. Maybe at this price point it will sell.......maybe!
8. fatexo posted on 21 Apr 2011, 11:00 2 0
its not just about music player.
SE's walkman phones are known for having a advanced audio chipset in them.
2. vette21man posted on 21 Apr 2011, 08:59 0 2
It looks really thick, is this not meant for the pocket?
Oh I see, Sony is bringing back the rest-on-the-shoulder boombox. Just needs to come with a flat-top haircut, huge sunglasses, fake gold necklace, and the 1980's decade.
4. bob (unregistered) posted on 21 Apr 2011, 09:19 1 0
I don't think this is for heavy weight American's use, since it is a Asian only market.
But really, the thickness of this phone suit rich people in the west!
6. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 21 Apr 2011, 10:13 1 1
What on Earth are you talking about? What is your point?
9. remixfa posted on 21 Apr 2011, 11:22 0 2
i dont think its that thick.. its only a 3 inch screen so its quite small.
this isnt coming to america. it wouldnt sell. Im pretty sure its meant for the cheaper markets of asia and india where many people cant afford iphones and high end androids.
11. jthiagesan posted on 21 Apr 2011, 11:51 3 0
Americans buy high end androids or smartphones just because we get for cheaper with carrier contract. Will you buy an iphone if its costs $600???????????
16. Android x8 (unregistered) posted on 12 Jun 2011, 03:23 0 0
yeah cheap phone.. u come and live here.. i want u buy an iphone at cost $2500
5. phbelov posted on 21 Apr 2011, 09:39 2 0
Yeah... I was waiting for the official pics of it.
Sooth to say, It is the X8 but with some exclusive features.
But I can't understand SE... Why have they chosen Eclair? Why?
Nevertheless, there will be an announcement of the Mango (SK17i) soon, with Gingerbread on the board.
7. cyborg (unregistered) posted on 21 Apr 2011, 10:17 1 1
Same specs with X8, I won't buy.
Should be like this, I wished: X8 design, android 2.2 or 2.3, dedicated music buttons, advanced audio chipset, one or two stereo speakers, lower-mid range price = win. But no, SE did not put much effort on W8 besides the colored back covers.
My alternative would be Optimus Me or Galaxy Mini. Your thoughts?
10. jthiagesan posted on 21 Apr 2011, 11:48 1 1
I'm a SE lover but 3 inches screen is not good for an android device. Hate this
12. DontHateOnS60 posted on 21 Apr 2011, 14:31 2 0
If this had a bigger display, 32GB built in + microSD expansion, AND music playback hardware controls on it, I'd be all over this like fat kid on cupcake.
13. luis_lopez_351 posted on 21 Apr 2011, 16:54 2 1
We need to put a stop to these stupid low end android devices. they delay most android updated sheesh! google open your eyes!
14. Senthil_CM (unregistered) posted on 22 Apr 2011, 03:35 1 1
SE again introduced same-old-looking design phone in Walkman series....
I really HATE this.
15. r2212xx posted on 22 Apr 2011, 06:06 2 0
It's a nice phone. Not bad. It may not be ground breaking but then even iPhone has been the same since the iPhone 1 with only minor changes here and there for every version. In fact i feel it is really a good news for Walkman fans who wanted the flexibility of Android and the splendid music output of Walkman together.
17. Umesh.Hs (unregistered) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 21:13 0 0
can't I update my w8 os from andriod to 2.2 to 2.3 pls help me?