Sony C650X Odin phablet caught on camera
0. phoneArena 21 Oct 2012, 18:29 posted on
The Sony C650X Odin is supposedly the Japanese manufacturer's phablet to compete with the Samsung GALAXY Note II, the LG Intuition and the HTC DLX; a picture allegedly of the device shows an edge-to-edge design for the model...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jan25 (Posts: 470; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
i am not much into phablets, but a 5 inch edge to edge screen is very tempting. Sony nailed the design, i never really liked the design of their Xperia line but this..
6. Captain_Doug (Posts: 990; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Same here. I don't like the idea of having to use 2 hands for a phone but 5 inch with no bezel... just may work.
10. hung2900 (Posts: 951; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I dont think Sony like thin bezel. Look at their smartphones and TVs, always thick bezels
22. FireDragon (Posts: 112; Member since: 13 Nov 2009)
Actually, this is from the very first of Xperias, Xperia 2 to be exact. My most, top most favorite mobile design to the date.
25. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Gosh..have you all lost your minds?!?
This is not a darn phablet.
I can't wait when official announcement reveals that this thing is smaller than the Galaxy S3.. and I will dare you to still call it a phablet, PA!!
2. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
ok it looks like another render but really cant tell. in the article it says 5 inch screen but wasn't this supposed to be a 6-inch phone?
Lets hope sony can pull off a good phablet here but I seriously doubt it'll be able to compete with the Note 2 in software optimization. Its the little features in the Note 2 that make it the big dog to beat!
Hardware-wise the Sony Odin seems awesome on paper but lets wait and watch
3. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4274; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The leaked Yuga was the 6 inch, the Odin is 5 inch. Says it in the last line of the article.
20. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
this is a fake. this was submitted by a guy named Jsus into Concept Phones. PA should really check the renders coming out there. :)
28. bluexperia (Posts: 41; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
i think that you are one the designers at concept phone isn't it?? btw design on concept phone is the best...
29. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
yup. and thanks! i have a new one up there as well as one on my blog that needs support, I need a lot of participation for the Samsung Galaxy S 4 concept coming up.
see it on my YouTube Channel or my blog:
thank you bro. and yes, the community at concept phones is well and fine too.
31. bluexperia (Posts: 41; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
sorry to ask more but will the designs on concept being used as actual phone??? any chance?? btw your design is very beautiful... would be glad if i could have the phone with your design..
32. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
no. it's very seldom OEMs make connections with the designs. they're all stand alone.
well, maybe they can steal the designs and claim it as their own. i don't know really.
4. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
if it's a phablet, why does it looks so small? Even if it has an edge-to-edge display. Look at it at that man's hand.
15. adjou (Posts: 103; Member since: 06 Jul 2010)
Either this is fake, or that man got massive massive hands...
30. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3616; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
5 inch has never been that small!! Or that man like you said, has a palm span of about 7 inches!! :D
17. cretinick (Posts: 148; Member since: 25 Jan 2011)
I was thinking that too...
But, what if THIS is the real Xperia Nexus?
crossing my fingers!
26. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Because the author is dumb, that's why.
This is a phone with minimum bezel and 5 inch screen, period
5. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
THE HECK WITH THE Xperia T I WANT THE ODIN PHABLET. I think I'll wait till 2013 to buy a Jelly Bean phone. THIS PHONE IS MONSTROUS!!
8. ajac09 (Posts: 1481; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
wow phablets are coming out of the wood work lately
11. buggerrer (Posts: 306; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
tall display .. just as stupid as the iPhone 5 screen!
14. adjou (Posts: 103; Member since: 06 Jul 2010)
-_-', So phones can't have the same screen size now... Or they will be deemed as copycats...
23. FireDragon (Posts: 112; Member since: 13 Nov 2009)
! Go look up for Xperia 2 from Sony Ericsson first.
13. absolete (Posts: 12; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
This is a concept phone -__- the same guy as the guy who made the fake xperia play 2... Why are people so gullible :P
16. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
O yea true. Wize thinking thoughts. Another concept phone.
19. kanagadeepan (Posts: 916; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
The very first SONY phone, which looks sooo cute...
21. itsjustJOH (Posts: 232; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
This is a live concept phone.