Sony C650X Odin phablet caught on camera
0. phoneArena posted on 21 Oct 2012, 18:29
The Sony C650X Odin is supposedly the Japanese manufacturer's phablet to compete with the Samsung GALAXY Note II, the LG Intuition and the HTC DLX; a picture allegedly of the device shows an edge-to-edge design for the model...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jan25 posted on 21 Oct 2012, 18:38 11
i am not much into phablets, but a 5 inch edge to edge screen is very tempting. Sony nailed the design, i never really liked the design of their Xperia line but this..
6. Captain_Doug posted on 21 Oct 2012, 18:47 6
Same here. I don't like the idea of having to use 2 hands for a phone but 5 inch with no bezel... just may work.
10. hung2900 posted on 21 Oct 2012, 19:15 1
I dont think Sony like thin bezel. Look at their smartphones and TVs, always thick bezels
22. FireDragon posted on 22 Oct 2012, 00:42 3
Actually, this is from the very first of Xperias, Xperia 2 to be exact. My most, top most favorite mobile design to the date.
25. darac posted on 22 Oct 2012, 02:14 2
Gosh..have you all lost your minds?!?
This is not a darn phablet.
I can't wait when official announcement reveals that this thing is smaller than the Galaxy S3.. and I will dare you to still call it a phablet, PA!!
2. PhenomFaz posted on 21 Oct 2012, 18:38 3
ok it looks like another render but really cant tell. in the article it says 5 inch screen but wasn't this supposed to be a 6-inch phone?
Lets hope sony can pull off a good phablet here but I seriously doubt it'll be able to compete with the Note 2 in software optimization. Its the little features in the Note 2 that make it the big dog to beat!
Hardware-wise the Sony Odin seems awesome on paper but lets wait and watch
3. Berzerk000 posted on 21 Oct 2012, 18:43 3
The leaked Yuga was the 6 inch, the Odin is 5 inch. Says it in the last line of the article.
20. bobfreking55 posted on 21 Oct 2012, 23:19 2
this is a fake. this was submitted by a guy named Jsus into Concept Phones. PA should really check the renders coming out there. :)
28. bluexperia posted on 22 Oct 2012, 05:04 1
i think that you are one the designers at concept phone isn't it?? btw design on concept phone is the best...
29. bobfreking55 posted on 22 Oct 2012, 05:49 1
yup. and thanks! i have a new one up there as well as one on my blog that needs support, I need a lot of participation for the Samsung Galaxy S 4 concept coming up.
see it on my YouTube Channel or my blog:
thank you bro. and yes, the community at concept phones is well and fine too.
31. bluexperia posted on 23 Oct 2012, 05:11 0
sorry to ask more but will the designs on concept being used as actual phone??? any chance?? btw your design is very beautiful... would be glad if i could have the phone with your design..
32. bobfreking55 posted on 23 Oct 2012, 07:11 1
no. it's very seldom OEMs make connections with the designs. they're all stand alone.
well, maybe they can steal the designs and claim it as their own. i don't know really.
4. neutralguy posted on 21 Oct 2012, 18:44 7
if it's a phablet, why does it looks so small? Even if it has an edge-to-edge display. Look at it at that man's hand.
15. adjou posted on 21 Oct 2012, 19:50 5
Either this is fake, or that man got massive massive hands...
30. Nathan_ingx posted on 22 Oct 2012, 06:00 2
5 inch has never been that small!! Or that man like you said, has a palm span of about 7 inches!! :D
17. cretinick posted on 21 Oct 2012, 20:32 1
I was thinking that too...
But, what if THIS is the real Xperia Nexus?
crossing my fingers!
26. darac posted on 22 Oct 2012, 02:18 0
Because the author is dumb, that's why.
This is a phone with minimum bezel and 5 inch screen, period
5. InspectorGadget80 posted on 21 Oct 2012, 18:47 3
THE HECK WITH THE Xperia T I WANT THE ODIN PHABLET. I think I'll wait till 2013 to buy a Jelly Bean phone. THIS PHONE IS MONSTROUS!!
7. TROLL (limited) 4 days ago posted on 21 Oct 2012, 19:00 3
Omg what a sexy stylish design.®©
11. buggerrer posted on 21 Oct 2012, 19:23 1
tall display .. just as stupid as the iPhone 5 screen!
14. adjou posted on 21 Oct 2012, 19:49 11
-_-', So phones can't have the same screen size now... Or they will be deemed as copycats...
23. FireDragon posted on 22 Oct 2012, 00:44 0
! Go look up for Xperia 2 from Sony Ericsson first.
13. absolete posted on 21 Oct 2012, 19:41 3
This is a concept phone -__- the same guy as the guy who made the fake xperia play 2... Why are people so gullible :P
16. TROLL (limited) 4 days ago posted on 21 Oct 2012, 20:01 0
O yea true. Wize thinking thoughts. Another concept phone.
19. kanagadeepan posted on 21 Oct 2012, 22:28 0
The very first SONY phone, which looks sooo cute...
21. itsjustJOH posted on 22 Oct 2012, 00:05 0
This is a live concept phone.