Sonim makes claim of world's longest talk time
0. phoneArena 17 Feb 2011, 10:20 posted on
Sonim, makers of some seriously ruggedized phones, have made an announcement at the Mobile World Congress of a new phone that they claim has the world’s longest talk time of a whopping 22 hours…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. moofoodooloo (Posts: 137; Member since: 04 Jan 2011)
My metric measurements aren't very sharp.. but 20 degrees celsius isn't that cold? I hope the article meant -20C? That would be pretty impressive.
Sweet phone though.
3. msa1988 (Posts: 391; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
Not sure what you read, but it says -20 degrees.
"Furthermore, this phone can be operated in extremely freezing temperatures as cold as -20°C and can deal with water submersion"
6. moofoodooloo (Posts: 137; Member since: 04 Jan 2011)
It originally said 20 degrees. Looks like they corrected it.
2. giantgnome (Posts: 67; Member since: 11 Feb 2011)
This is great. If I ever get stuck on the top of Mt. Everest and I suddenly feel the urge to have a long conversation with someone I'll know what phone to bring.
4. msa1988 (Posts: 391; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
Or if you are stuck and dying? (Devils Advocate, I wouldn't ever own a phone like this).
5. calamazoo (unregistered)
8. sgogeta4 (Posts: 371; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
Except it's colder than -20 deg C and there are no towers nearby, so you'll have no service...
7. chinakidoliver.iab (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
pretty cool but the phone is butt ugly its only good for the army . no 1 goes to freezing temp. maybe the waterproof is handy tho