Something for nothing: $10 from Google Wallet just for trying it out
0. phoneArena 03 Nov 2011, 12:46 posted on
Google is taking its NFC payment solution, Google Wallet, on the road to showcase it to consumers. They are giving consumers $10 toward their purchases at the events if they “tap and pay” on one of Google’s demo phones...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
First. So why would I use my phone to pay when it's easier to just whip out cash or my card to pay? I seriously do not see the added benefit of Google Wallet.
P.S. inb4 my comments are thumbed down
2. protozeloz (Posts: 5328; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
depends on how you look a things, if in a near future the only thing you need to carry to make purchases is a phone this sure is a plus, you dont need to carry your wallet anymore
3. nyamo (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
look at japan, they have been using nfc for years. i would much rather tap and go than have to pull out my card. nfc will take off once the public realizes what it is and how to use it.
5. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Um, explain to me what's easier about taking out cash and having to deal with getting change OR handing your card to the cashier to swipe rather than just moving your phone across a pad?
Not only that, I know almost every time i'm waiting in line anywhere i'm reading the news or something on my phone.
11. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Get over yourselves. It's called an opinion and in mine, I don't see the practical use with Google Wallet.
4. ibap (Posts: 675; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
Didn't Japan have a system where even for a vending machine, you sent a text to a specific number and then the machine dispensed the item? Then you don't need nfc - just a phone that can send a text, which is pretty much all of them.
9. protozeloz (Posts: 5328; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
We have that here on some places, is really cool but they think NFC will be much better in the long term
6. thenoodge (Posts: 32; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
NFC is great i use my phone to pay for everything i can which at the moment is not many places mainly 7-11 and wawa and a few places
8. protozeloz (Posts: 5328; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Nfc is the future, and its looking bright
10. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Yeah, one of the biggest things i'm looking forward to in phones... I absolutely HATE carrying a wallet more than anything.
I actually memorized my license number (i'm originally from Rhode Island so it's only 7 digits) so all I have to carry is cash wrapped around a credit card unless i'm going to a bar where they don't know me.
I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS
12. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
this is the future