Some new Apple iPhone 5 units are coming out of the box with scuff marks and dings
0. phoneArena 21 Sep 2012, 16:47 posted on
Some Apple iPhone 5 buyers are unboxing the device only to find scuff marks or dings by the antenna markings on the side if the phone; others have spotted marks near the screen or on the side of the black version of the phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
6. shynepo (Posts: 39; Member since: 21 May 2010)
scuff marks by the Antenna?? Uh oh, Here we go again??
7. Quezdagreat (Posts: 428; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Wow something that could've happen from shipping.
13. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3108; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Doubtful, you'd have to really drop the phone hard to get a scratch or dent like that.
Face it, Apple products aren't perfect.
28. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
look how quick you are to try defend this........its bad quality control....
but look at the apples fans..one said they dont care...this shows that apple could hand them a scratched dented wreck of a phone and still they wouldnt complain
44. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
That's what one calls "Art of self consolation" ... :)
9. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Out of lots of phones shipped, this always happens to a few. It always happens.
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
But its Apple, so it makes big news lol.
65. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I mean, Apple products are pretty good, but I don't see why they get all the publicity. The only reason I would ever buy one is because of the integration with Macs (if I liked Macs) or for the large music store (which Amazon and Google already have for Android).
I guess it's just because of the exclusivity.
14. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
"Looking up to the sky, you curse your rotten luck."
or you curse rotten apple......hahaha im jp playin you guys but this is funny stuff
17. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
how is this funny? i understand this made news because its "apple" but this is too common to be a big deal... not even close to 1% of people having this problem...
but of course the immaturity of the people on this site that are against apple will take this and run with it... but believe that they aren't trolling...smh
just double check your phone before you leave the store or when you first receive your package... take it to a store for an exchange... simple as that... same goes for android/wp/blackberry phones...
22. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
ummmmmm.........you mad bro?
23. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Its funny because people paid like $800+ on a phone that was broken out of the box. If you bought a computer, and the screen was cracked, how would you react?
But of course you wouldn't see that.
25. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
naaaa its not funny because of that man that is actually not cool..........its funny because apple thinks they're perfect! and they think they have no flaws.........thats why this is funny
43. Quezdagreat (Posts: 428; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Oh really? I want to know who from apple have actually said those words.
I want to see it documented or on YouTube
72. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm pretty sure Steve Jobs has thrown in comments here and there saying Apple is perfect...
29. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
again both ways if there was an article on samsung s3's been scratched etc when new apple fans would be running with it
33. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
yea but who cares, they're on the wrong end anyways so
31. Quezdagreat (Posts: 428; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
The crazy thing is this could be something that was made up by a android fan and they did that themselves
34. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
ohh shut up Quezdagreat
just accept apple arent as perfect as they make you believe
39. Quezdagreat (Posts: 428; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Nothing's perfect. You guys jump to the opportunity to bash iPhones. You guys are going crazy over a tiny cosmetic scratch which may happen anyway.
You guys are the type to take a phone back to the store and b**ch about it to customer service
47. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
ohh im sorry but if i spent the that kind of money on a so called 'premium' phone and open it up to find it scratched then too right im going to complain
ohh and i love how you change your tune when its apple on the other end, if this was an android phone you would be first in with your stupid comments like ''see android are cheap'' etc
your the type of person that will accept whatever apple do and say. if apple said you have to put your phone in a bowl of water i bet you (you personally) would do it apple fanboy
73. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Quez, you don't get paid by Apple so stop worshiping them seriously....
35. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
18. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3900; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Patent that mark Apple, it should be useful in the future!!
20. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
the difference between Samsung and Apple is. that.. those scuffs are from shipping.. Samsungs cracks are after usage (little usage).. which is not the same..
59. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
haha so because you cant prove it, your only come back is ''can't prove me wrong either''
if everyone did what you do the ''facts'' would dissapear. it just be immature trolls saying stuff like ''prove it'' and ''i know you are but what am i''
i'll repeat the comment before prove it, prove your pathetic comment
67. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3108; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Lmao can't prove you wrong? Look at the photos. The proof is right there man. Did any of these people who reported this mention the shipping package was damaged at all? So the phone gets dents and scratches but the packages are all unharmed. Yes that sounds logical. Then again you sheep freaks throw logic right out the door anyway lol
You can't admit that like the galaxy s3, there are some bad units of the iPhone 5.