Some markets might see the Galaxy Note 3 with an LCD instead of Super AMOLED display
0. phoneArena 27 Jun 2013, 06:03 posted on
Apparently those large Full HD screens of the OLED variety are pretty hard to produce with the necessary yields for the many millions of Note 3 units Samsung is expected to sell, and some of them will come equipped with the more traditional LCD tech...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. JMartin22 (Posts: 1717; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
An IGZO LCD or AMOLED display (with brightness and power efficiency improvements with a RBG strip) would be just fine. The Full HD Super AMOLED display in the S4 reproduces some of the most accurate colors on the market today. As well as giving you the option to see in vivid saturated colors. Either way, it's a win if it's one of the two aforementioned.
13. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
I don't care what kind of display they used....
Bring it ON!! XD
15. gust3r3u (Posts: 84; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
is burn in still a problem for this tipe of amoled ? or the fading colours?
18. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
I have used AMOLED over two years on my phone and it is still perfect. Fading colours, I don´t think that it will be a problem, maybe if you use it more than two years, but I have yet to encounter any problems.
2. byazatt (Posts: 200; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
I'm a great fan of super amoled HD just like the one on s4 . personal preference will make me very much bored with the other option.
3. princedeking (Posts: 9; Member since: 07 May 2013)
Amoled or Igzo...we ll still gooooooo
Sam mobile shld increase the brightness...
4. MCrapp (Posts: 318; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
Note3 without Amoled! Impossible! We hear this same about S4.
17. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1102; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Exactly, the same rumor appeared for the S4, and it didn't happen. (Only if you include the S4 Active which has an LCD screen)
Either way Samsung should stick to AMOLED because consumers like it and many people buy Galaxys just for the AMOLED screen.
21. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
The S4 active has LCD because the active is supposed to be waterproof, and well... OLED screens quickly degrade by moisture. And I mean quick!
I think some tests showed with full exposure to high humidity rendered the screen useless within seconds -- just humidity, not being dunked in. I think they're just being careful.
5. B3BLW29 (Posts: 238; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Sammy if u release LCD ones in 3rd world esp India................grrrrrrrr ur racist
14. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
They released their premium Exynos Versions in India , so m sure they are not concerned about race, more about productivity and profitability
8. aditya.k (Posts: 493; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
And India will get one with a suckyy display!
9. FlushGordon (unregistered)
As long as it is not an ''Xperia Z-quality'' TFT abomination, Im fine with it
24. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Take a look in the mirror and say that again. =]
10. medicci37 (Posts: 1184; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
This new Phone Arena UI sucks! Was perfect the way it was.
12. pyradark (Posts: 821; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Triluminos Display is already a phenomenal, so why AMoLED
16. Jason2k13 (Posts: 979; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
note 3 without amoled? no thanks! i like colours that pops and stands out from the rest. After using my S4 for 2 months now, LCD screens looks kinda washed out to me.
19. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Amoled has its drawback..first we have the ''off-white'' rendering , then it tends to exaggerate Grays, resulting in a stark rendering when watching an HD movie with a predominantly dark / night scenes.
Deep blacks arent always good
I believe iPS is still the most well-balanced screen technology out there...
20. belovedson (Posts: 837; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
I think Samsung should give us the choice between pls, igzo, or ambled. I choose which ever one uses less power consumption
26. SleepingOz (unregistered)
According to some in depth reviews I've read, these problems don't concern the AMOLED panel of the GSIV.
I don't know about burn-in issue though.
23. Cyberchum (Posts: 609; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Amoled screens are good but not awesome. I hate it when watching dark scenes: less detail so I think IGZO will do.
25. icyrock1 (Posts: 307; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Hoping that one of the markets is the USA. I prefer LCD displays over Amoled (do to LCD having a far longer life expectancy and I prefer the colors it produces).
27. kanagadeepan (Posts: 823; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
If AMOLED is of pentile (I love my Note2's non-pentile AMOLED very much than my RazrMAXX HD's Pentile AMOLED screen) then its better to get IGZO LCD FHD screen, imho..
If LCD Note3 pixel density is 360ppi, then Pentile screens's pixel density will be 240ppi only...
28. samsuper (Posts: 29; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
With out super amoled , note 3 is not a complete package.
29. serge327 (Posts: 63; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
Xperia Z Ultra Trilunimos X-Reality Engine Display > Note 3 LCD panel XD
30. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
I think the fact that Samsung is trying to mishmash together flagship units with vastly different specs is an indication that Samsung is doing something wrong.
31. torr310 (Posts: 648; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Aww... As I use my phone to browse internet the most, I wish my Note 2 has LCD!
32. cR203 (Posts: 199; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
I hope the note 3 uses a super amoled hd display. The new super amoled hd displays are even better than whats on my note 2. Samsung is doing a great job developing and making amoled displays better.