Some magnetic covers don't work on new iPad
0. phoneArena posted on 22 Mar 2012, 09:57
The new iPad might seem almost identical to the good old second-gen Apple tablet, but a slightly different manufacturing decision has rendered certain Smart Covers…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PAPINYC (limited) 4 days ago posted on 22 Mar 2012, 10:13 2 3
Oh, oh: time to upgrade......
2. greyhulk posted on 22 Mar 2012, 10:18 2 0
I have an older smartcover (ordered at the same time as my iPad 2 over a year ago) and it works with my iPad 3. It must not be all of the old smartcovers, just some of them.
6. stealthd posted on 22 Mar 2012, 16:00 4 0
Same here, this seems like another minor issue being overblown, again.
3. spmmtr posted on 22 Mar 2012, 12:38 1 0
I had this problem with a high end Taurus leather case. Took it back and tried a second one and it did not work as well, the salesman was surprised....used my old iPad2 Smart cover and all worked perfectly.
4. c.hack posted on 22 Mar 2012, 12:52 0 1
The magnets were polarized because some people were having issues when the cover was flipped over the back side causing the iPad to respond. The new polarized deisgn only responds to a magnet on the front side. Its Apple addressing user complaints.
7. kcombs posted on 22 Mar 2012, 17:35 2 0
I think it must be the knockoff smart covers, mine works fine on my iPad 3..