Some Samsung Galaxy NotePRO models are made in Vietnam, not in Korea. Does it matter?
0. phoneArena 13 Jan 2014, 14:55 posted on
The new 12.2-inch Galaxy NotePRO will have both LTE and Wi-Fi versions. Some of the latter models are manufactured by Samsung in Vietnam, presumably to lower production costs...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rd_nest (Posts: 1093; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
I wouldn't care if they were made in Neptune as long as they work properly. Do you get disease if they are made in Vietnam? If not, why else bother??
3. Florin.T (Posts: 151; Member since: 16 Dec 2013)
Some customers may believe that a "made in Korea" label comes with the promise of a better quality, unlike products made in China or Vietnam. So we thought we should clarify this by saying that the label probably doesn't matter.
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9722; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Not calling you out, but who actually thought that?
6. ihavenoname (Posts: 1580; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
If you have Vietnamese and Korean Sammy, you can't propably tell difference, same thing with Korean and Chinese Lumias and iMac assembled in China or USA. It's more psychological thing.
11. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I'm getting old. I still remember everyone buying Hyundai excels on the promise that if it came from Asia it must be as good as the Japanese. Boy were people wrong. But times change and Hyundai is no longer that crappy brand. As long as it's made correctly I don't think it matters.
Anybody remember when Nissan started making cars in the USA? Cars were shipping to customers with scratches and come to find out the line workers gold chains had done the damage.
18. Trex95 (Posts: 660; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
No i does matter. I used all S3 version the Korean, chines and Vietnamese and the worst of all the Vietnamese, camera, call quality and screen isn't the same as the Korean version or the chinese version.
9. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Agreed. Even Japanese products aren't made in Japan it's all made in China just like our American products.
8. tiara6918 (Posts: 1909; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
My galaxy note 2 which I had was made in vietnam while my current tab 3 7.0 is made in korea. From where it was manufactured doesn't mean it's a better product
10. ausnote2 (Posts: 84; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
my note 3 is made in vietnam aus version and the built quality is outstanding. So no problem. Win for Samsung with high quality and low labour cost, hopefully Samsung can lower the phone cost as well for all customers
13. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 410; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Some of my friends Galaxy S3's were made in other countries than Korea. I believe a few were made in Japan or China.
14. GeorgeDao123 (Posts: 386; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
Thanks, guys. Vietnamese workers must be happy to hear your words.
17. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1552; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
I bet devices made in Vietnam will be better then those in china,..
19. Mreyes703 (Posts: 4; Member since: 14 Dec 2010)
There's a big difference in quality...i have a Samsung tab 3 7' from sprint that was made in Vietnam and a Samsung tab 3 7' from At&t,,, and the one made in Vietnam has giving me lot of problems with the software and not the charging port has fallen off..so there is a big big difference in quality