Some Nokia Lumia 900 units are having network connection issues
0. phoneArena 09 Apr 2012, 02:56 posted on
A small percentage of Nokia Lumia 900 pre-ordered units cannot connect to a data network due to a problem with registering the device's IMEI number onto the network...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. CommentBoxEnforcer (Posts: 78; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
Haha..they blamed mexico..why else mention the plant location?
14. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Very bad NOKIA.....
What bad presentation!
Good news keep it up.....
4. stipe (Posts: 33; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
For many users problem is mysteriously fixed . And the problem was the same with the Titan . The issue is in AT&T s network and not with Nokia s hardwere
9. fervid (Posts: 173; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I'd have to agree. There are some months I get this every day on my old Win Mobile phone, and other months I'm fine. ATT just expanded LTE, so likely is having issues just like Verizon did. Blaming the phone and Mexico is just bad business.
6. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Ouch Nokia! That's going to hurt you badly. Prepare for another fail.
25. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
have we not seen other phones with initial problems that went on to be the most successful phones ever? cough.. iphone 4.. cough...
26. phonton (Posts: 59; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
buddy! It should be"APPLE" to sell like hot cakes even with problems. And most importantly, the buyers mentality plays an important part. For all reasons they say " Who cares, It's APPLE and I'm proud of it"
27. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
not really-- the iphone 4 was a fantastic phone and had some outstanding features.. i dont think the lumia is quite on par but it still fills a niche
10. MickDM (Posts: 63; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
"a percentage"(clarify)...really manipulative reporting here...is "nic" the new "vic"...ijs...
12. -box- (Posts: 3786; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Mine was made in Korea, it's running perfectly. LTE, HSPA+, and 3G all work well. Loving the LTE speeds. Wheee!
13. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
WHAT SUCH GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!
ANother big fail....
19. nokia_fan_172 (Posts: 11; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
has any1 ever told u that u're an idiot?
15. 0101010 (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Apr 2012)
Nokia will sell at least 132.596.478 Lumia 900's. Trust me, I'm the f**king Jesus the Globetrotter.
18. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1082; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
since this is an area specific manufacturing problem it will be taken care of quickly. the quality control phone testers should be alerted to test the phones before they are shipped out in Mexico.
20. christianqwerty (Posts: 460; Member since: 05 May 2011)
So if the Nokia lumia has connection problems , it's okay, but if the iPad has connection problems, everyone makes fun of it? Did Nokia not say this is the first non beta phone ever?
23. blfontenot (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Apr 2012)
Had the same issue with the internet and my mms of my lumia
Go to settings, cellular, edit pan and enter in this information:
APN User Name Password
isp.cingular email@example.com cingular1
Will fix it after restarting the phone
24. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1082; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
a nice way for Nokia to make good the problem is to give the customer a new phone and they will have 2 phones but I guess they will be sent a good phone and told to send back the old one, On the Plus side Nokia will take back the bad Mexican made phones put good electronics components in them and sell them for 250 t0 350 dollar refurbished Nokia lumia 900 smart phones Hey I would try one
29. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
Didn't get the issue myself. Suck for the ones who did, this is a great phone.
30. malisaraii (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
this is honestly the WORST PHONE EVER
i dont even know what to do with this phone