Some Nexus 5 orders now shipping
0. phoneArena 31 Oct 2013, 22:53 posted on
Here's some good news that might keep you up all night; some of those who purchased the Nexus 5 on Thursday might be amazed to find that some units are already out of the warehouse and is enroute to their hand. Was it just this afternoon that the eagerly awaited model was officially launched? Hard to believe. Right now, the 16GB Nexus 5 in both block and white will leave the warehouse in 3 to 4 weeks...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3082; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
It's about $472 here in India for the 16GB version....that's even more expensive than the 32GB version in US.
Not fair Google :(
4. in_core (Posts: 80; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
many of the things google and all the big companies does focuses the benifit of USA mainly. They forget about the other countries
18. rihel_95 (Posts: 256; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
I even feared that it would cross Rs. 30,000 for 16 GB model. Thank God. Almost 35% is being charged for import taxing and shipping, not Google's fault, but government's! :(
19. ThrillingToad (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Oct 2013)
It's $550 here in Thailand 16GB version :\
consumers are getting slash by the price.
6. improv (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
I'm extremely jealous. An odd coincidence today that I shattered my iPhone 4S screen soon after purchasing my Nexus 5...
13. imMature (Posts: 87; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
Almost the same thing happened to me last year when purchasing the Nexus 4.. The day after the purchase, my Xperia Neo was stolen :P
20. improv (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
32gb black ordered on 11:03am PST got shipped this morning around 2:30am! I really wish I chose a faster shipping time for 4 extra dollars... ;(
7. YouGotTrolledSon (banned) (Posts: 41; Member since: 25 Nov 2012)
My question may be so dumb but I really have to ask this. I'm from Singapore and I don't know much things about Playstore since I've never purchased anything from Playstore. My question is .. Can I directly purchase 32 GB Nexus 5 from Playstore at 399$+ Shipping+Tax ?? Does Google ship to Singapore? >.
9. FYoung (Posts: 34; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
No, I'm afraid it only ships to Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, India, Japan, South Korea, Spain, United Kingdom, United States, according to: ht tps://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/2462844?hl=en&ref_topic=3380791
Perhaps Singapore will be added eventually.
10. tacarat (Posts: 287; Member since: 22 Apr 2013)
They didn't last year. I helped a friend get one. Bought it here in the US, shipped it and found out PayPal Singapore doesn't do money transfers for friends only. Just commercial. I lost some money after that and taxes that reverted to me rather than my friend. It's OK for friends and explains why you might pay more on ebay or other site.
8. alan_1230 (Posts: 78; Member since: 22 Apr 2012)
Just got a confirmation my nexus 5 has been shipped omggggg I got a 16gb White
11. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
How does this compare with Xperia Z1 or LG G2 if fast updates are left out as something important.
15. imMature (Posts: 87; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
They're almost the same. It has an OIS and smaller form, which the Z1 doesn't have. Smaller screen for some people, compare to G2.. More custom rom options as devs love Nexus devices. More optimized apps too.
16. shizz812 (Posts: 2; Member since: 01 Nov 2013)
I've also received my shipping confirmation. Received it shortly after 12:30 EST. 32GB Black N5.
17. nando2do (Posts: 53; Member since: 10 Nov 2011)
I'm one of those lucky ones that received my email confirmation telling me the order was shipped, can't wait to have it
22. Nnyan (Posts: 3; Member since: 30 Oct 2013)
Got my shipping confirmation at 1:54am. I placed my order for my black 32gb model at about 8:11am.
23. tsspro (Posts: 20; Member since: 18 Jan 2010)
yeyyy, i get my tracking number for the 32gig white.