Some HTC One M8 design elements to be used for a new Windows Phone handset?
Chinese website WP Dang reports that HTC is working to make a WP handset that resembles the Android-based One M8 (officially announced and released yesterday). The website, which has a good track record when it comes to rumors, notes that the upcoming Windows Phone device will use a metal casing and a dual rear camera (just like the camera that the M8 is offering). Other features aren't known at the moment, but they could include a 5-inch 1080p display and a quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor - to match the specs of the M8.
There is no word on when this alleged new HTC Windows Phone handset is supposed to be announced. Anyhow, we’re definitely looking forward to hearing more about it.
P.S.: just in case it’s not clear enough, the device that you’re seeing above is a mockup - it’s the One M8 with a 'shopped Windows Phone 8.1 UI.
1. papss (unregistered)
After I seen that there were buttons on the screen I thought this very thing. I'm betting this was a big reason why HTC did this
2. pookiewood (Posts: 606; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
I'll take 2!
Really I hope this is true and it comes in either red or blue! Those are my favorite colors for the original One. They just looks so good on that phone.
3. Ashoaib (Posts: 2264; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
With a desktop keyboard, will be a nice option
4. NightFelix (Posts: 36; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
So XDA developer decide to make this WP8.1 and Android KitKat 4.4.2 Sense6 Dual Boot on HTC M8!!
5. Ignited (Posts: 8; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Oh how sweet that would be. At least we would have the extra memory with expandable sd slot to handle both systems and anything else we wanted.
6. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 859; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
This would be awesome, i wouldn't mind trying out WP this way :)
21. NightFelix (Posts: 36; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
It will be unofficial port done by developer, as Google and Microsoft don't agree to have dual-boot cross platform of OS. Our hope is, either HTC really decide to make the same HTC One M8 with WP8.1 on it.
7. Eclectech (Posts: 70; Member since: 01 May 2013)
If HTC releases a Windows Phone that resembles the HTC One, I will make the transition from Android to Windows Phone. I love the fluidity of the Windows Phone OS and the beautiful design of the apps.
8. NoFanboy (Posts: 225; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
This same exact story came out last year about the m7
9. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
weird looking phone, its to loooong
20. vandroid (Posts: 277; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
I miss the HTC sensation days, that's my favorite phone by them
11. SAO101789 (Posts: 123; Member since: 10 Feb 2014)
Hit and miss for me. I like the idea but nokia makes the tiles stand out htc with it's design is great but with 4mp it doesn't seem that good in my opinion
12. Lt.Green (Posts: 385; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
HTC can hardly sell with Android let alone WP. It's too soon IMO.
13. lyndon420 (Posts: 1761; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Sleek looking shell...the user interface on the other hand...
19. pookiewood (Posts: 606; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
......looks badass. Finished your comment.
15. papss (unregistered)
I agree sir
16. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1946; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
The bezel will have a touch pad, built right in... Ha
17. rsiders (Posts: 271; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
As far as the design goes, last year's HTC One model is a step above this year's One. If they used last year's design coupled with an 8 megapixel camera and kept the microSD slot, it would bring some much needed variety in terms of high-end hardware from a non Nokia OEM. I would buy that in a heartbeat.
18. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 802; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
This is more possible to be a reality than the M7 due to Kit Kat and WP 8.1. No OS specific buttons.