Some HTC Droid Incredible users report getting updated to Android 2.3.4
0. phoneArena posted on 03 Sep 2011, 00:50
After HTC confirmed the other day that Gingerbread is coming this month to the HTC Droid Incredible, some users of the handset have sent pictures to Phandroid proving that the OTA update to Android 2.3.4 has just been received...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Yeeee posted on 03 Sep 2011, 03:02 0
No update for me yet. com on htc at least they are trying to update it even though its old.
4. theBankRobber (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2011, 10:00 0
This is good news, gingerbread has brought some life back to my Evo 4g. Very smooth and responsive.
6. Rafdmf1 (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2011, 22:14 0
Got the 2.3.4 Gingerbread update on Friday SEPT. 2ND. Definitely a faster power up and down cycle. After using for one full day, I believe battery is lasting longer as well.
7. Mike (unregistered) posted on 04 Sep 2011, 00:40 0
I recieved the update Friday Sept 2 around 2:30 EST. Motorola Droid 2
12. hackingislife (unregistered) posted on 07 Sep 2011, 06:10 0
Just received a notification for the update on my HTC Incredible. I'm probably gonna wait until a root..
13. RJ (unregistered) posted on 07 Sep 2011, 06:57 0
Got the ota this moring. Droid Inc.
14. obip (unregistered) posted on 07 Sep 2011, 07:09 0
got 2.3.4 update today 9-7-11.
15. Danny C (unregistered) posted on 07 Sep 2011, 10:43 0
Notified this morning of the OTA upgrade... upgrading my Incredible now! So excited! lol
16. swagmeoutt (unregistered) posted on 07 Sep 2011, 17:12 0
got the update on 9-7-11. little change. faster powerup, different menu when you hold the power button. droid incredible
17. victorvito (unregistered) posted on 08 Sep 2011, 07:08 0
Got the update this morning, 9/8. I like it but not my phone keeps telling me that it is low on storage space and the notification icon WON'T GO AWAY.
Otherwise, a lot faster.
19. AcquaCow (unregistered) posted on 08 Sep 2011, 09:48 0
Yeah, I have the same stupid Low on Space icon/notification as well...
I'm not even over 50% on any of my data stores... not sure what is up.
18. gnirwin (unregistered) posted on 08 Sep 2011, 07:50 0
I received my update this morning.
20. pat_mcgroin (unregistered) posted on 08 Sep 2011, 11:48 0
I also got a "system update" this morning, I chose update now and then it said "rebooting now" but all it did was refresh my apps, the phone didn't even shut down, nothing has changed and I'm still on 2.2....
21. aphawki (unregistered) posted on 08 Sep 2011, 20:37 0
Got the update this morning. haven't really had the time to mess with it much. I do see when I change my ring volume its a different picture and different noise. Outside of that searching to find changes.
22. jcrumb (unregistered) posted on 09 Sep 2011, 09:03 0
Got my kupdate tyesterday on my HTC Droid Incredible...
Now I have the same "Phone storage space is getting low" notification, when it is nowhere near being full...
Also, certain apps were disabled upon upgrade
Also, my "People" app, which is my contacts list keeps force closing before i can open anyone's contact information.
So far, the so-called "UPDATE" is less than impressive...
23. BobbyG (unregistered) posted on 09 Sep 2011, 14:15 0
Upgraded yesterday morning. Complete disaster. Ruined my phone. I had a lot of apps on the SD card. Those disappear. You have to connect the phone to a PC to move these and fix this. You still lose your icons for these apps - you get the ugly default icon for them. I tried removing the icons and refreshing them. This only lasts until the next reboot.
Speaking of rebooting, the phone has done this numerous times. Sometimes it takes multiple reboots to get it to come to life. Just today it seemed like it was working, except it wouldn't make or receive any calls! Maybe I'm crazy, but a cell phone should work as a phone first!
Might need to take phone to store and get a rollback (if possible) or a replacement phone. If these idiots try to charge me a penny for any of this, they will be talking to my lawyer. I program computers for a living, and I would get fired for releasing a huge piece of tenth-rate garbage like this catastrophe.
24. manthony (unregistered) posted on 11 Sep 2011, 11:48 0
I have an HTC Incredible phone and I decided to update my apps the other day and was given the choice to upgrade to 2.3.4. I accepted and ta-da! I've got 2.3.4 now and it's changed the appearance of some things. I hope they fixed the text message memory bug..
25. Peeved (unregistered) posted on 12 Sep 2011, 16:26 0
I also have the storage problems since the OTA. I was considering an HTC tablet, but forget it now because my research shows that this is an old problem that they apprarently won't fix.
26. grahamcracker (unregistered) posted on 14 Sep 2011, 21:44 0
Received the update and now my phone keeps claiming that I have low storage space and will not automatically update my gmail account and other apps. I am only using 114 mb of 634 free and I am only running 113mb of 275mb. I went through and deleted all my non-factory apps and cleared all of my pictures to my computer and rebooted the phone several times. This is insane!
27. Mooney (unregistered) posted on 25 Sep 2011, 23:16 0
By Incredible got the 2.3.4 update about 2 weeks ago. Really like it. My wife and 2 kids who also have the same phone arre still stuck on 2.2.
28. JayLo (unregistered) posted on 03 Oct 2011, 21:17 0
My wife and I received Android 2.3.4, on September 8, 2011. Many friends we know with the Incredible still haven't received the update yet.