Some Google Nexus 7 displays suffer from “image retention” problems, pre-production units only affected?
0. phoneArena 04 Jul 2012, 03:26 posted on
The Asus-made Google Nexus 7 is without a doubt a device that will change the tablet landscape - it comes with a mind-boggling price of $199…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. 09wbd03516 (banned) (Posts: 140; Member since: 30 May 2012)
Things might change if nexus use samoled screen
Or appoint samsung to manufacture the tablet
4. AbhiD (Posts: 65; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
samoled screens suffer from much pronounced "burn in" problem
6. ph00ny (Posts: 989; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Not when your switching from one screen to another.
Burn in on amoled are from objects that are stationary for many months (ie status bar, home icons etc)
My captivate and S2 still do not have any burnin issues.
I did use a 3rd party launcher with hide notification/status bar option)
3. tiara6918 (Posts: 1965; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I hope that this won't be a problem like the "burn in" on some amoled screens
5. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3101; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
There is nothing wrong with your tablet, you're looking at it wrong.
7. mgonzalez (Posts: 22; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
I have the same image retention problem with my galaxy nexus running jelly bean. :/
9. hexman (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Jul 2012)
I have gnex running jb.I have never seen such a problem on it:-/.
8. sonofzeus (Posts: 95; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
even when kindle fire was released it had issues with wifi connectivity. it all depends how soon they fix it up