Some Google Nexus 4 orders are now on three week backorder
0. phoneArena posted on 15 Nov 2012, 15:48
Even though some orders for the Google Nexus 4 are being sent out as we noted, Google is sending some unlucky people an email telling them that their order will now ship within three weeks; Google is giving those whose device is on backorder credit for shipping and an option to back out of the purchase...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 15 Nov 2012, 15:54 6 5
Its the "LG Nexus 4" although its mainly a google phone you still have to put their name in the title :)
8. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 15 Nov 2012, 17:02 6 4
to the person that thumbed me down......sorry LG manufactured the phone so it is as much as LG's as it is googles! therefore it is THE LG NEXUS 4 not the Google nexus 4..........Give credit where credit is due
2. Mxyzptlk posted on 15 Nov 2012, 16:01 3 8
Google just can not get their act together with these launches.
6. rusticguy posted on 15 Nov 2012, 16:46 7 1
This is what you can call oversold beyond all expectations rather than just being "Sold Out" ... care to see the difference between the two?
14. Droiddoes posted on 15 Nov 2012, 17:40 3 0
Yeah because the i5 didn't sell out immediat- oh wait. Do you even think before you post or just mash the keyboard and hope for the best? F*cking DURR.
3. beasteator posted on 15 Nov 2012, 16:03 0 0
I got the same email right before PA posted that the Nexuses (Nexi?) are shipping out, and then got disappointed that I'm not getting mine soon. I am getting the Nexus then I was going to hand my Galaxy S 2 down to my sister and she was very excited, but now we both have to wait. Sadface :(
4. genomachino2002 posted on 15 Nov 2012, 16:13 0 6
I called to check the status of my order, as I had just sold my old phone on GLYDE. I was told that I would receive a shipping confirmation number in a few hours and my phone would be here on monday. I then completed the GLYDE transaction. An HOUR later I received this email:
"Thank you for your recent purchase on Google Play. Due to overwhelming demand, your Nexus 4 is on backorder and is expected to ship within three weeks. We'll send you a notification when your order has shipped and will credit the shipping charges.
If you would prefer to cancel your order, please reply to this email and our team will assist you. Or you can cancel your order using our online tool. Please follow the instructions found here:
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you again for your order.
The Google Play Team"
I then called again to say what the heck is going on here! They said they just got the news themselves they were sorry I sold my phone, and that I would receive no compensation. WHAT A JOKE. Google was disgusted by Verizon's bloatware and slow updates? google should be disgusted with themselves. this is a disaster and i will never look at google the same way again
17. parkwaydr posted on 15 Nov 2012, 20:33 1 1
So its google's fault that you sold your phone before you had your nexus?
18. Doakie posted on 15 Nov 2012, 20:52 1 1
I agree selling before he had the replacement is no ones fault but his own. I buy and sell phones all the time but I never sell what I had until I've been able to test the phone I'm getting. What if he received a defective unit? Or the shipping company lost or damaged the order in shipment? Then he'd still be blaming everyone else.
31. genomachino2002 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 14:09 0 2
No its googles fault their morons, ill survive having sold my phone (canceled the sale) but that doesnt excuse gross retardation on googles part you poor google apologist. I didnt know you were on googles payroll.
5. aquadust posted on 15 Nov 2012, 16:33 1 1
Oh, at least you have an opportunity to actually order it. You are already on the list, so you just have to be patient. The only way I can get Nexus 4 is to buy it directly from LG for 599eur :'( or to ask some friends of mine to buy it for me from German Play Store if it will be available again. I guess I won't see it until january/february 2013. The issue is that many people are actually buying Nexus 4 just to make some profit of it, to sell it for much much higher price on the web. I already sow some offers on the web where people are selling nexus 4 for 400+ eur without any warranty of course...
7. klink77 posted on 15 Nov 2012, 16:49 1 0
I got the message about the backorder this afternoon as well. I'm glad they are refunding shipping, I'm happy with that. I can wait.
My main gripe is why does Google collect tax from my purchase? I thought that this only happened if they had a physical presence in my state. I haven't seen any Google stores in Chicago. This city and state screw me enough with every tax imaginable, that's why I do most of my purchasing from places like Amazon.com
36. kaj102wiu posted on 17 Nov 2012, 10:05 0 0
Agreed.. im confused on the sales tax as well.. what gives?
9. wiretable posted on 15 Nov 2012, 17:10 0 0
I talked to a rep today and they said that they are hearing rumors of also including some sort of accessory along with the phone you ordered. Hopefully this is true!
11. Chugunn posted on 15 Nov 2012, 17:22 1 0
This is horriable,i dont know what i want to do now cause like most people my old phone is on last leg and was really hoping to get that phone without paying iphone prices.
12. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 15 Nov 2012, 17:22 0 0
I too received the email today. When I left work today, I placed my GNex in my car dock and got the popup message to update to 4.2. The GNex is still a really good phone so waiting a little won't kill me. I bought the N4 because it's so sexy looking and it'll be a phone I won't have to worry about for a couple of years, it'll be worth it when it finally arrives.
13. hzelaya posted on 15 Nov 2012, 17:32 1 0
Yeah my order for the nexus 4 that I placed at like 5:30pm on Tuesday will be delayed. I'm Bummed but I did place the order way after everyone else. It sucks but at least the shipping is free!
16. remixfa posted on 15 Nov 2012, 19:06 4 0
Anyone crying about this just needs to shut up
1) its better that they put u in Que to recieve one when they get them, than force you to relive 11/13 all over again. That was the RIGHT thing to do. Quite honestly they should have had a preorder list fulfillment, a launch day order screen, and a backorder list fulfillment. At least they put you on the backorder list instead of saying "oops, were just gonna cancel the order... sorry bud".
2) they are giving you free shipping, which saves 14 bux. When's the last time Apple or any other company waved any costs just because they ran out of stock
Anyone that whines.. do you NEED a new phone right now, or are you just a baby crying because you cant have your new toy when you want it? Some of us actually NEED a new phone because ours our broke. How many of those people got put on the waiting list because someone that simply wants a new toy got to it first? You whine about having to deal with your old phone for a few more weeks while others have to find other methods of communication and temporary stop gaps.
I NEEDed a new phone, and thankfully I got an N4 within 2 minutes of them dropping.
Got the "arrival scan" just a bit ago, its on the truck for tomorrow. woop woop.
19. ahsbballa05 posted on 15 Nov 2012, 21:13 1 3
No that's not how thw world works
1. This is like telling someone who just got beat up "oh well they only beat you up, at least they didn't kill you". The RIGHT thing to do would be to ship them normally and not put anyone on backorder at all.
2. That is the least they should do. Honestly everybody on backorder should at least get some play store credit or something.
So you NEED a $350 brand new smartphone? No, you WANT a $350 brand new smartphone just like everybody else. If you really needed a phone as desperatley as you imply, you would go up to walmarta nd get a $20 fliphone. It's easy for you to criticize those who have to wait since yours is shipping normally.
24. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 15 Nov 2012, 23:09 1 0
naaa i think remixfa's right bro......and comparing someone that has to be "patient" for something they WANT (like remixfa said) to getting beat up is kind of exaggerated dude.........I get the feeling alot of these people already have phones and really dont need one.....but are being "tech hungry" and need to have the latest and greatest......when there are people who actually "need" a phone...
27. ahsbballa05 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 00:58 1 0
Like I said, if you really "needed" a phone you would go to wal-mart and pick up a cheap phone right away instead of going online and ordering a brand new smartphone that you have to wait for. Face it, he's being just as "tech hungry" as everybody else.
28. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 16 Nov 2012, 01:16 0 0
lol........well... cant argue with that haha
26. remixfa posted on 15 Nov 2012, 23:18 1 1
what world to you live on
1) no one got beat up. "the right thing to do..".. realy.. how do they SHIP THEM IF THEY DONT HAVE THEM GENIUS. The only 2 choices are "full refund and back into the line" or "we reserve you one and ship it when we get it".. which is what they did.
2) they are getting $15 off. They are not OWED anything. I dont remember seeing a garuntee saying "everyone that wants one will get one or we will give you free stuff". grow up.
3) $350 for a smartphone.. and yes I NEED a smartphone is dirt cheap. For my NEEDS which I use quite a bit of stuff on my phone, all other phones I was looking at was $500+. Tell me which one was a better deal genius.
29. ahsbballa05 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 01:19 1 0
They should never have sold nore than they have in stock. That's called jerking your customers around, a business practice I don't appreciate. Since they cannot ship them, one way to make up for the false-pretenses offered to customers would be some sort of compensation or credit. No there is not a guarantee that everyone who wants one will get one but there should be a guarantee that if we tell you that you succesfully ordered one, we will get it to you on a reasonable timetable, not a week from christmas. Again if you "need" a smartphone (can't imagine why a regular phone wouldn't suffice for someone as caps-lockingly desperate as you) then get a $100 optimus one. Why do you "need" the latest-and-greatest? You don't, you just "want" it like everybody else, so why are you so much better than the rest of us?
25. barondebxl posted on 15 Nov 2012, 23:18 1 0
You shut up you idiot.
1. Google failed this launched miserably. At this price point, unlocked and those specs, google should have anticipated this.
2.Nobody knew what time exactly was google gonna start selling the nexus 4, some people stayed up all night thinking it was going to be midnight EST then they thought it was 3 am EST which is midnight pacific time. Then they woke up to learn that the launch was for 12 pm but google started to sell it by 11:30 am.
What you dont seem to understand is that google did a very poor job with this launch, even to this point, they are a bunch of people in limbo, dont know were their order is , when its shipping cause they didnt receive any shipping info nor backorder emails.
Next time you trying to sound smart go to xda and learn a couple of things you d**khead.
32. genomachino2002 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 16:05 0 0
Finally, someone on this post that doesnt get a paycheck from google. They really F'd this up and everyone is giving them a huge pass. F Google and F the trolls that are hating on the well deserved criticism google is getting.
37. kaj102wiu posted on 17 Nov 2012, 10:09 0 0
Agreed..... But you also got your new toy phone so your comment doesn't hold as much weight.. just sayin..
38. kaj102wiu posted on 17 Nov 2012, 10:13 0 0
Agreed..... But you also got your new toy phone so your comment doesn't hold as much weight.. just sayin..
21. pulkit.tyagi posted on 15 Nov 2012, 21:34 0 0
i received the mail today in the morning.. the problem is i dont live in usa and my relative was supposed to bring it with him and if it does not reach his house by 11 of dec he wont be able to bringe it !
22. Hemlocke posted on 15 Nov 2012, 22:20 1 0
This was the most second-rate launch I have ever been a party to, and it reflects poorly on Google. If you want to be taken seriously and treated as Apple's equal, then amateur displays like 11/13 should never happen. Maybe betting on the junior varsity was the wrong bet.
23. Thanthea posted on 15 Nov 2012, 22:51 0 0
Google is an ad company not a hardware company. Stop complaining about the $349 phone that you won't be getting for 2-3 more weeks. It's not like you're actually doing anything for Google since they're making no profit on the actual sell of the hardware. If you want a phone right now that is the same specs then go to any brick and mortar store and purchase the Optimus G and call it a day.
30. remixfa posted on 16 Nov 2012, 08:42 0 0
DELIVERED! woop woop!
and it doesnt have a microsim with it...... WTF???
To tmobile I go!
34. barondebxl posted on 17 Nov 2012, 07:10 1 0
Arent you the same ignorant who screams crapdragon processor and claim he knows about SoCs?
39. pulkit.tyagi posted on 18 Nov 2012, 06:33 0 0
Yes he is the same guy..!
@remixfa y the sudden change of heart ? :P
33. jacobxtyler posted on 16 Nov 2012, 16:26 0 0
man, i havent even got a response from their team when i emailed asking whats going on. Now im actually a little upset...
35. Chugunn posted on 17 Nov 2012, 09:01 0 0
call them,i called so much that i know have my own rep.One rep told me that i was on back order,2nd rep told me that i should expect my phone in a week cause im in a good position as far as my order.3rd rep told me she would push it forward to shipping call back at 3pm,call back 4th rep tells me that im on backorder and have a long wait.Its f**ked Up Over There!!!