Some Canadian Samsung Galaxy S III owners get their Android 4.1 update a day early
0. phoneArena 02 Dec 2012, 23:57 posted on
While Samsung Canada said last week that Canadians owners of the Samsung Galaxy S III would be receiving Android 4.1 on Monday, darn if the update didn't start rolling out on Sunday to some owners of the handset shivering in Canada...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. lyndon420 (Posts: 1737; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Yup...step daughter got her update last night.
4. coppico (Posts: 22; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)
I updated my Rogers GS3 last night. run in to a bit of problems, but in case these happen to you, here's what to do:
1. Smoothness: not so much improvements, minor=>but reset the phone made it super smooth
2. Google now: the voice feedback ONLY SUPPORTS US users=>so download locale from google play and set phone to US
5. cdnfreak (Posts: 26; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
I got my update last night, but when it went through the update process said the file could not be verified. Not sure if that is because I'm rooted. Chose not to take the chance. couldn't do over the air after that. Just working on getting firmware installed via kies.
Coppico, what do you mean by reset the phone? full factory reset?
6. cdnfreak (Posts: 26; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Just updated, Rogers GS3, seems pretty good
7. coppico (Posts: 22; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)
yeah, did it thru kies as well. Rogers server pretty packed.
And yes, reset i mean factory reset, remember to backup before that