Some Canadian Samsung Galaxy S III owners get their Android 4.1 update a day early
0. phoneArena posted on 02 Dec 2012, 23:57
While Samsung Canada said last week that Canadians owners of the Samsung Galaxy S III would be receiving Android 4.1 on Monday, darn if the update didn't start rolling out on Sunday to some owners of the handset shivering in Canada...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. coppico posted on 03 Dec 2012, 09:39 0 0
I updated my Rogers GS3 last night. run in to a bit of problems, but in case these happen to you, here's what to do:
1. Smoothness: not so much improvements, minor=>but reset the phone made it super smooth
2. Google now: the voice feedback ONLY SUPPORTS US users=>so download locale from google play and set phone to US
5. cdnfreak posted on 03 Dec 2012, 11:17 0 0
I got my update last night, but when it went through the update process said the file could not be verified. Not sure if that is because I'm rooted. Chose not to take the chance. couldn't do over the air after that. Just working on getting firmware installed via kies.
Coppico, what do you mean by reset the phone? full factory reset?
7. coppico posted on 03 Dec 2012, 15:15 0 0
yeah, did it thru kies as well. Rogers server pretty packed.
And yes, reset i mean factory reset, remember to backup before that