Some Best Buys selling Verizon Galaxy Nexus early
33. kemjus (Posts: 32; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
My store has had them in stock since Friday last week. Although we cannot sell them and have no Idea when we can.
2. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
This means the damm phone its already baked and ready to sell what could be the best produc launch ever has being screwed up by verizon. Well congratularions. Sure hope Google learns from this and does not let verizon manage the product lanch un US it if it where tmo will have already
3. bossmt_2 (Posts: 443; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Verizon sucks, they shouldn't let Verizon have exclusivity if they're gonna force the release date back a month.
4. dyson (Posts: 5; Member since: 11 Dec 2011)
something fishy is going down here. the phone's sku is 3904141 :) the employee that sold that is probably going to get in a lot of trouble
5. usarmy1494 (Posts: 5; Member since: 11 Dec 2011)
well Verizon might as well just release it tomorrow if someone already has it...
7. keithrandy (Posts: 21; Member since: 05 Feb 2010)
That fool who sold that in Olathe is about to be in some trouble!
8. Sniggly (Posts: 7281; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Either a screwup or deliberate help, as we're not supposed to acknowledge we even have the phone in stock or anything until the official release.
9. goos2134 (Posts: 19; Member since: 11 Dec 2011)
i work for best buy mobile . this guy is gonna get fired . he sold it as not on file merch nor did the guy ring it with it plan. his employee # is on the reciept.
27. jess0417 (Posts: 7; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
i also work for bby mobile and thought the same thing...employee numbers in plain view.
28. goos2134 (Posts: 19; Member since: 11 Dec 2011)
hope he mad some side money hes gonna need it till he gets a new job . im will to bet his asm will be there tomarrow. by they way hows your broadband push going lol?
30. Sniggly (Posts: 7281; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Ours is going okay, but being in a major city with cheap landline and free wifi everywhere kinda kills its appeal I think. I have much more fun selling phones.
35. veRdiKt (Posts: 9; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
thanks to pcho, we are sitting at 35 for the month. 21st in the company overall
34. kemjus (Posts: 32; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Same here... HAHA I want to send him an email stating he is an idiot. lol
10. THE_RAY (Posts: 27; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
so it will be $299... Ok leggo. Thursday can't get here fast enough.....
11. bohannibal (Posts: 27; Member since: 17 Aug 2009)
I need to go to best buy mobile right now lol
12. shifu (Posts: 44; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
former bby emp here. Unless it was a GM or CSM/CEM whatever there called these days. They can get away with it; if there able to push weight. I was always told if the product has a HARD street date then they can never sell before the said date. But cmon with this phone how many street dates were given?
Theres not even a pre-order system.......WTF lmao..............i gave up the week of black friday. I am a fan of quality service but VZ is not try to Cater to us fan because where not as loyal....And i mean loyal as in not allowing the Razr and Rezound to have the great sales numbers its been showing we should have just waited out, show disinterest and hound and cry for the nexus........just saying
13. Kjayhawk (Posts: 292; Member since: 07 Oct 2010)
OMG I lived in olathe before I joined the Army f**k!!! At least I go back to olathe next week...
14. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
I work for best buy mobile in minnesota and was able to buy mine under the table. We have not sold any to customers and can't until the 15th but two other employees have been able to get a galaxy nexus also.
17. LordBonztie (Posts: 51; Member since: 14 Nov 2011)
maybe this pic was taken by an employee and made fake receipt?
18. cdk118 (Posts: 2; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
someone should forward this to verizon and press the issue for a release.
19. SweetLou (Posts: 17; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
wow verizon has really dropped the ball on this launch. They were hesitant to carry it because its a small niche product, so what did they do? Push it further and further back, not accept pre orders, and still have not announced a launch date, when the phone has been available for weeks now.
Maybe its some weird desire to replicate the frustration/uncertainty of the 4s launch, who knows.
20. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
RELEASE THE DAMN PHONE ALREADY VERIZON! SO THE REST OF US ON SPRINT AT&T AND T-MOBILE CAN GET OURS
22. warlockz (Posts: 156; Member since: 10 Oct 2011)
wow as much as I think the nexus is better than the iphone. At least Apple knows how to market their products at least Apple releases products to customers on time! And for those defending verizon saying verizon never gave a release date it doesnt matter! Google wants to compete with Apple as far as I am concern vwz is nothing but the middleman Google should have marketed this phone more efficiently. Samsung galaxy 2 was release back in early 2011 in Europe when they finally released it to the states Samsung had a whole event to announce the phone here in the states. Even if the phone does release this week Google should have had an official press release for the state release. What a joke this phone launch is. VWZ can careless they have the best network and when your cocky your cocky you dont care what anyone thinks as long as they got something others don't the best cell phone coverage.
23. sprintguy09 (Posts: 79; Member since: 17 Apr 2010)
I work at Best Buy mobile in Charlotte Nc and we have the Nexus since the 6th but cant sell them I called the store and they told me they havent sold any thing yet that is best buy carpet in the pic lol
24. sprintguy09 (Posts: 79; Member since: 17 Apr 2010)
ok so I just called and spoke to someone since i work at bestbuy also he told be a couple went out but was caught and they fixed the problem so only two phones were sold
25. DarkCobra (Posts: 16; Member since: 04 Oct 2009)
The funny thing is this phone will be "THE" phone for about a month. In January when the Quad Core's are introduced at the Consumer Electronic Show (CES) all the hoopla will go to those and everybody will be waiting a few months to get one of those instead. Watch!
36. ayephoner (Posts: 837; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
isnt this the case for every android phone? there are 4-5 top teir android phones for each carrier every year.
and we'll see quad core at CES, but we wont see them in stores until summer at the very earliest (remember when we say the bionic at CES '10?)
37. DarkCobra (Posts: 16; Member since: 04 Oct 2009)
Points well taken, as with Android there's always a better replacement just weeks away it seems. However, I do think you'll see a Quad launch in the spring and it won't take until summer. The Bionic as we all know was a fumbling bumbling mess from the beginning. They just couldn't get it right and it's STILL not right! Look for a Quad this Spring! Peace out!
26. bohannibal (Posts: 27; Member since: 17 Aug 2009)
Verizon does this so much but I hope the delay is for a good reason I got the HTC thunderbolt the first day it came out I had nothing but problems my wife has the bionic it has problems my best friend is on his second razr so I'm going to try this phone I don't mind waiting because its 100% android and its has ICS Verizon has to do something now that two phones have been sold so thank you best buy sales person and the other retailer that have sacrificed their jobs most likely to get the Samsung galaxy nexus out there:-)
29. Supernaut (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
Verizon should come out with a 199$ deal just for the flub that has become the release of this phone, but then again what do they care.
31. medicci37 (Posts: 1039; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Someone should start a online movement 2 protest at verizon stores during this holiday season with list of demands.Lol
32. idaman12000 (Posts: 39; Member since: 03 May 2011)
what a mistake from whoever might have sold the phone to this person
38. chil0329 (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
I work indirect and these phones are absolutely not suppose to be sold yet, the boxes cant even be opened. If someone sold them these phone they could lose there job or best buy could lose there Verizon liscense