Some Acer Iconia Tab A500 users now enjoying Ice Cream Sandwich
0. phoneArena posted on 25 Apr 2012, 17:07
Last Wednesday we passed on the word that owners of the Acer Iconia Tab A100 and Acer Iconia Tab A500 tablets were to get Android 4.0 on April 27th; in the meantime, some happy users of the 10.1 inch A500 have already received their Ice Cream Sandwich update...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Phullofphil posted on 25 Apr 2012, 17:16 0 3
Mutha trucking first and don't own a icona tab
2. imkyle posted on 25 Apr 2012, 17:20 1 0
Glad to see companies making the quick effort to deliver ICS to their devices.
3. theBankRobber posted on 25 Apr 2012, 17:34 0 0
I have Ice cream in my freezer, but not on my Photon :( lol
4. jamrockjones posted on 25 Apr 2012, 17:47 0 0
I have the Iconia A500, can't wait to get home and check!!!
6. c.hack posted on 25 Apr 2012, 20:51 0 0
Have been waiting 6 months and stil no ICS on my A500. Hope it fixes the horrible lag, especially on the keyboard.
7. Curiosity posted on 25 Apr 2012, 20:56 0 0
I'm so excited to get ICS on my A100.
Impatiently checking all the time.
8. johnths2 posted on 26 Apr 2012, 04:45 0 0
I have downloaded the ice update to my acer A500 (in the Nederlands)
I misses the acer ring and i don't like that. Why is this item left out of the ICE update?
9. jaymon4477 posted on 27 Apr 2012, 16:38 0 0
I downloaded the update first thing this morning. The first thing I have to say is that it looks great, and so far no problems. The Camera interface is nice, compact and easier to get to all the settings. They added a panoramic photo feature as well, and I love it!
10. johnths2 posted on 28 Apr 2012, 06:12 0 0
No direct WiFi and no Acer ring for the A500 users.
According to Acer Benelux this two option are only present in the ICE version on the new Acer tablets.