Software update needed to set up your Nexus 5
0. phoneArena 01 Nov 2013, 10:37 posted on
Let's assume that you have your new Nexus 5 in your hand and are setting it up; an internal LG document reveals that during the set-up process, there is a software update needed that without which, your new pride and joy will not work. Apparently, to avoid a repeat of last year's chronic shortages with the Nexus 4, LG built initial batches of the phone before the software was complete...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. GrapeEyes (Posts: 248; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
To be honest, the update took about 1 minute via Wi-Fi
4. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Although ur last DP was a lil creepy, it was kinda cool :p
9. LikeMyself (Posts: 435; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
I can only conclude from your recent negative comments on every Android article that you were an unsatisfied Android user.
Don't even know if you're now using iOS or WP8 or BB, but I can bet that you were using a crap phone with Gingerbread or ICS. Please use a new flagship like z1 or a CyanogenMod 10+ device or Nexus device before hating. Then you'll see why Android is fluid! Before going to Apple, try using a new Android flagship which costs less than the 16gb version of iPhone!
If you want head to head battle between Android and iOS, Nexus 5 vs iPhone 5s is more fair as mind you,Apple handles only 7 devices compared to Android!
13. Naepxpulse (Posts: 4; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
I just can't wait for mine to get here! The update is no big deal.
18. blingblingthing (Posts: 522; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
The nexus 5 was announced and released. Sounds logical the phone was made with non final software.
Notice the PS4 launches with a day one update. Clearly made the ps4 before the software was completely final.
20. kindlefireowner (Posts: 503; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
My Nexus 7, 2013 needed an OTA update before I could use it. Not a big deal. It took less than 5 minutes and that included the reboot.
23. michael95gt (Posts: 44; Member since: 19 Jul 2009)
I still have unlimited data, so no big deal. :-)