Software update for the Samsung Epic 4G Touch rolls out correcting signal loss issues
0. phoneArena 07 Dec 2011, 16:09 posted on
Right on cue, that anticipated software update for the Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch is starting to roll out in droves to handset owners as we speak – bringing along some much needed bug fixes, but most importantly, corrects as issue relating to signal loss...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. evanskylerrr (Posts: 10; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
amazing for those who got it. i got tired of my epic 4g and i traded in my epic 4g for a nexus prime.
2. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
I figured as much. A Samsung phone with signal issues lol.
9. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Iphone also have DROP CALLS.
13. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3108; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Miz you must be an apple noob. The original iPhone was notorious for dropped calls and having horrible call quality. Even after 5 different versions a lot of people are having these issues. It's more about Sprint's network than the phone itself.
15. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 467; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
Lol, then Samsung copied their signal issues haha, just kidding...
3. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Trust me, its not the phone (Thats bad enough w/o the reception issues), its the network. My 3d's 3g (That was fun to say) is usually about .5 at max to .1, usually in the middle
5. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3108; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Agreed, Sprints network is horrible for many people(myself included) try a Samsung phone on Verizon and you'll have no issues. Tho Motorola is still the reception champ.
14. Hello-dirt (Posts: 102; Member since: 02 May 2010)
I want to agree with you but my Evo had great reception throughout my house and dropped calls or had problems with loading data for my many widgets. I do like how fast the 4G kicks in though, way faster than the Evo. I guess it could be the overloaded Sprint network, but since my Evo is no longer functional, it is hard to compare. I am hoping this update fixes the many reception issues I am having, otherwise I will be heading to verizon to pick up a Gnexus, when they finally release it.
7. paynekiller (Posts: 139; Member since: 24 May 2010)
you get 500kbps on 3G? Lucky you I'd see a yeti here in south florida before I even get 300kbps. I just turn 3G off, it's only a last resort as it also drains the battery more.
16. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Yea, I lose 1/2 a battery even with 3g off in about 6 hours, so I need every little bit of battery I can get
4. cappy718 (Posts: 26; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
Samsung beat Motorola to an update here...the bionic is limpling around with bad connectivity for many and the same 30-60 day story on Moto boards...
6. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
it bricked my epic 4g touch :'( now i have to send it out for factory re-flashing
11. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3108; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I agree with the miz, get something that isn't the iPhone lol
18. TOMMYRED (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
HI THERE. I NOTICED YOU SAID THE EK02 BRICKED YOUR EPIC TOUCH.
DO YOU MEAN IT UNROOTED YOUR PHONE...OR WHAT DO YOU MEAN?
I HAVE HAD MY EPIC TOUCH ABOUT A MONTH AND ITS FLASHED TO BOOST AND ROOTED, BUT I'M HAVE A SIGNAL PROBLEM.
I HAVE TO CONTINUALLY TURN RESTART MY PHONE TO GET MY SIGNAL BACK. I'M CURRENTLY RUNNING KERNAL VERSION 220.127.116.11
BASEBAND VERSION SD710.10S.EK02 - IS THIS A MORE CURRENT UPDATE THAN THE ONE MENTIONED IN THIS FORUM.
I'M CURRENTLY RCVN A EL29 BUG FIX UPDATE ON MY PHONE...
I NEED TO KNOW IF I INSTALL THE UPDATE WIILL IT TAKE MY ROOT AWAY????
DO YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE.... LET ME KNOW PLZ, THANKS.
10. Android32 (Posts: 6; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
I realize its not the fastest around...But at least its not as bad as AT&T. I use my E4GT ALOT and travel ALOT and its faaaar better than AT&T was...Which I had 2 yrs ago and had 5-7 dropped calls per week! We will be the ONLY ppl with unlimited when they improve their network! I watch Netflix on my cell and YouTube alot and seldom eeveeer have problems with WiMax. I'm gonna stay with them. I believe it will pay off in the long run. 2012 LTE....:)
12. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3108; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Verizon might not have the fastest 3G but it sure hell is the most reliable. I can go anywhere and still have decent speeds and coverage.
17. SmiLeoGeo (Posts: 20; Member since: 28 Jul 2011)
My Epic Touch tells me there is no firmware or android update when I manually check. And I haven't received an updae noification either.