Software update for the Motorola DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX rolling out
0. phoneArena posted on 24 Apr 2012, 00:27
We've now received word that the 6.12.181 update is available for all DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX devices, and comes in at 17.4 MB, but it is still Gingerbread 2.3.6.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. sportsinger75 posted on 24 Apr 2012, 00:39 0 0
An update is better than no update I suppose.
3. KingKurogiii posted on 24 Apr 2012, 01:38 0 1
the only way i'm going back to Gingerbread is when the OTA to ICS comes out and i have to downgrade to update.
4. Droid_X_Doug posted on 24 Apr 2012, 01:42 0 0
I just downloaded the update. Will be checking it out.
5. toobad posted on 24 Apr 2012, 02:53 0 0
can't decide once my gs2 updates to ics if I should keep it or root and install a rom instead.
6. nyamo posted on 24 Apr 2012, 03:10 0 0
root away. over on xda we've had ics roms for around a month now. all are fully functional. pick your flavor AOSP or TW been running CM9 for about 3 weeks now. there is no way i'm going back to GB. not to sure about the other carriers but this is for the i777, not sure about the i727
7. troutsy posted on 24 Apr 2012, 04:44 1 1
Quadrant score went from ~2125 on to ~2425 after the upgrade.
Good enough for me.
10. KingKurogiii posted on 24 Apr 2012, 13:18 0 1
the Razr on Gingerbread can easily hit 2800-2900. there's something wrong with yours. xD
8. islanderbaw posted on 24 Apr 2012, 07:29 0 0
Downloaded . . . froze once, reset, seems OK. Can't visually see any difference at all; seems to run the same so far.
9. Droid_X_Doug posted on 24 Apr 2012, 07:33 0 0
I am seeing better (faster) hot-spot and improved synching with non-gmail e-mail servers. For me, this is a positive update.
11. KingKurogiii posted on 24 Apr 2012, 13:19 0 1
you'll think "positive update" when you see ICS for yourself pal. ;]
12. BattleBrat posted on 24 Apr 2012, 20:48 0 0
I like the new SD card options, it is now so much easier to transfer!