Software update for the Motorola DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX rolling out
0. phoneArena 24 Apr 2012, 00:27 posted on
We've now received word that the 6.12.181 update is available for all DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX devices, and comes in at 17.4 MB, but it is still Gingerbread 2.3.6.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. sportsinger75 (Posts: 71; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
An update is better than no update I suppose.
3. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the only way i'm going back to Gingerbread is when the OTA to ICS comes out and i have to downgrade to update.
4. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I just downloaded the update. Will be checking it out.
5. toobad (Posts: 3; Member since: 24 Apr 2012)
can't decide once my gs2 updates to ics if I should keep it or root and install a rom instead.
6. nyamo (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
root away. over on xda we've had ics roms for around a month now. all are fully functional. pick your flavor AOSP or TW been running CM9 for about 3 weeks now. there is no way i'm going back to GB. not to sure about the other carriers but this is for the i777, not sure about the i727
7. troutsy (Posts: 288; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Quadrant score went from ~2125 on to ~2425 after the upgrade.
Good enough for me.
10. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the Razr on Gingerbread can easily hit 2800-2900. there's something wrong with yours. xD
8. islanderbaw (Posts: 8; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
Downloaded . . . froze once, reset, seems OK. Can't visually see any difference at all; seems to run the same so far.
9. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I am seeing better (faster) hot-spot and improved synching with non-gmail e-mail servers. For me, this is a positive update.
11. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
you'll think "positive update" when you see ICS for yourself pal. ;]
12. BattleBrat (Posts: 1266; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I like the new SD card options, it is now so much easier to transfer!