Softbank to buy 70% of Sprint for $20 billion
0. phoneArena 14 Oct 2012, 21:15 posted on
Days after T-Mobile and MetroPCS agreed to a reverse merger, Japanese telecommunications and internet company Softbank has agreed to purchase 70% of Sprint for $20 billion; Softbank will buy $8 billion in stock and debt from Sprint while purchasing $12 billion from the public in a tender offer...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. axllebeer (Posts: 270; Member since: 05 Apr 2011)
So its really going to happen then. Let's hope this works out to benefit the end user.
2. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
"What will Sprint CEO Dan Hesse's future be with a Softbank controlled Sprint?"
Good question, what is he going to revert too?
3. tigermcm (Posts: 841; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
hmmmm does this mean we can get some WP8s? please before christmas
4. JunitoNH (Posts: 1400; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
What this means is.......................the end of unlimited data is on the horizon. Softbank is going to make sure Sprint is competative and on par with the rest of the carriers. You have been warned.