SoftBank will augment some staff at a few of its Japanese retail locations with humanoid robots
0. phoneArena 05 Jun 2014, 20:26 posted on
Meet Pepper. Pepper is a development of French company Aldebaran and SoftBank who has invested...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. MrOCD (unregistered)
That's awesome. But also kinda creepy, especially knowing that they "learn from each other"
7. Miracles (Posts: 482; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
They should replace Son with a robot. I bet the robot could do a much better job.
3. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 3510; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
First stage of robots taking over.
4. Chris_Bakke (Posts: 202; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
I think this is the start of 'I, Robot'.
5. Totse2k15 (Posts: 249; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Can it breakdance though...
"Pepper is manufactured by Foxconn." Lulz!
6. rallyguy (Posts: 541; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Japan has been preparing to use robots for a long time now. Their population is aging and they don't have enough able people to do everything people do. So they have been working on robots taking over the functions of some people.
8. corporateJP (Posts: 1555; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
And in other news, 200 Japanese people will be filing for unemployment.
9. Oreo10 (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 Nov 2011)
Can't wait until stuff like this comes to the U.S. 99% unemployment is the future, it will be pretty nice never "having" to work.