So how small is the Samsung Galaxy S4 mini anyway? (size comparison)
0. phoneArena 30 May 2013, 07:35 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy S4 mini was anything but a secret. We totally knew it was coming thanks to the rumor mill spoiling the surprise with its leaks and all. Oh well. Now that the smartphone is official, are you curious to know how small it really is? Can it really be considered small at all? Well, wonder no more and just take a look...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
20. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
lol, sammy, this is probably them trying to knock the iPone even more.. Sammy's mini is still bigger than the iPhone Maxi lol
3. Credo (Posts: 748; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Haha poor iPhone, i wonder what samsung will unveil @ their Galaxy-Ativ event.....
I hope the Ativ S2
4. rahulz (Posts: 117; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
4.3" is perfect screen size for me but many users wont be satisfied bcuz bigger screen is a trend now.
but iPhone 5 4 inch is too small especially compared to other smartphones.
but ios don't need that much screen space bcuz its ui is just raws of icons.
6. roldefol (Posts: 4258; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I agree it's a good size, but I wouldn't compare it against the iPhone 5 because the screen is not as good. Size isn't everything eh?
Also isn't the phone essentially an S3-minus, spec wise?
7. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
What the hell is up with the L screen it's sideways....but anyway this looks a good size phone by the looks of it...
8. johnriii (Posts: 238; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
4.3 is the new "small". I like the specs on this, now they need to nail it on the pricing. IF they are targeting the mid-range crowd, then this should be no more than $129.99 on contract. but we will see.
17. roldefol (Posts: 4258; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Compared to the midrange out there, I think $130 is asking too much. Size and specs are similar to the Razr M, which is now free on contract.
9. sabretigger (Posts: 50; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
Am glad there's more than one option now (the other being the Motorola RAZR i). Still waiting for HTC M4 to pop up and whatever maybe the RAZR i's successor. My S2 is dying.
22. lovefist (unregistered)
hahaha we have the same phone and guess what i'm also looking forward to the htc m4, just hope its got a 720p screen. my cousin is dying to get my s2 cause im about to upgrade.
11. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
iPhone 5 should be renamed The MiNiPhone (and marketed to preschoolers) !!!
13. roldefol (Posts: 4258; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
No, it's just the FemiPhone. Appeals to many many grown women with small hands and expensive taste.
27. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
lol ..... FemiPhone, I like that !!
Small hands ..... lol .... not restricted to just women (unfortunately), all the guys I see with iPhone 5's have teeny-tiny-whiny hands (but, great mAniCures).
15. bucky (Posts: 2582; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I believe that's usually left to the oversized, cheap plastic stuff.
12. dynamo.one (Posts: 63; Member since: 14 Feb 2013)
why didn't they put the razr m in this comparison?
14. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
I can see this being a huge hit for Samsung... although to us the spec may not be the best but to average person who was put by the large size of the s4 will love this.. can see this being one of Samsung's top sellers.
18. johnriii (Posts: 238; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I agree. the average smart phone buyer couldn't care less about processor speed, RAM, stuff like that. all they care about is the basics: can I text on it, use facebook, listen to music, and play a few games. this could be a really good seller, if Sammy markets it the right way, which we know they can do.
19. boosook (Posts: 1437; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
perfect size for me... I could even get the first samsung of my life, even if I don't like their design at all.
21. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
The iphone is the most beautiful phone out of the bunch... faster for web browsing, best for updates, has better tech support, and is clearly the best phone only reason is there is because of the size.
26. roldefol (Posts: 4258; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Of the phones shown, I agree. Unfortunately the iPhone will never compete on price. To match the pricing of a midrange Android, you have to get a 4 or 4S, and then the screen is even tinier.
23. lovefist (unregistered)
my s2 is 66mm in terms of width and its 4.3 inches. and this s4 mini also has the same screen size but look at the width! just 61mm, its even slimmer than the Xperia S at 64mm which has the same screen size, im actually impressed.
wouldn't still buy it though.