Sneak peek at Lumia 800’s next firmware fixes
MobileTechWorld has had access to the Lumia 800’s next release, build 1600.2487.8107.12070 / PR1.2, for a little while now, but has finally shared what we can expect in the next update.
- The Fast battery drain issue has been fixed
- The lack of audio Bass when listening through headsets has been fixed
- The auto-white balance issue with the camera has also been fixed
- The hardware buttons backlights are now always on at all screen brightness levels
- Diagnostics app has been changed to prevent users from getting misleading info about their device
MobileTechWorld rounds out that list with an entry that says, “More stuff that I won’t talk about,” so there may be a few more goodies to come. Nokia has officially schedule this release for “very soon.” That’s not too helpful, but if you are having some pains with your Lumia 800, know that a fix is on the way.
2. gammaSharma (Posts: 33; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
They are fixing defects that should not have been there in the first place and calling it a firm ware upgrade. Holy crap.
3. Henrik (Posts: 139; Member since: 18 Feb 2012)
Nope, they call it a "firmware UPDATE" :-) And even the iPhone have been forced to do this. You remember the antennagate, which they blamed on bad battery algorithms? What's the difference here..? At least Nokia managed to fix it, that iPhone antennagate bs was both software and hardware related. And hardware is a bit harder to fix ;-)
The Lumia 800 battery problem isn't found on all Lumia 800 devices either, it's a certain batch of phones from a certain factory that have the problem. For what reason, we don't know, but at least it's software related. And now being fixed :-)
5. gammaSharma (Posts: 33; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
How did the phone Pass the QA testing to the production line in the first place leaves much to be desired. They make a bad choice for the first in line buyers and make ppl want to wait the bugs out to decide which eco-system to go for.
But one things for sure. Nokia is churning out quite a steer that even the low profile HTC was not able to achieve in terms of Marketing Penetration with the windows OS. Most in India believes that the windows 7 is a Nokia first and exclusive venture.
6. alpinejason (Posts: 249; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
are you serious really sorry you feel that way just take a look at android enough said!!!!!
4. AppleHateBoy (Posts: 332; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
Nokia is the biggest idiot ever. They have a quite big development force behind Symbian and Android is open source. They could make a derivative of Android which was faster, had more "phone" functions which were absent in earlier versions of Android and also had the Android Market but no, they had to keep bragging about the useless old Symbian.