Snapdragon S4 Pro rocks the benchmarks, shown off in a $1,299 developer tablet
0. phoneArena posted on 24 Jul 2012, 23:22
In case you needed more evidence proving that the Snapdragon S4 Pro with Adreno 320 graphics is the biggest, baddest mobile processor around, here comes a fresh dose of benchmarks results showing the chip's potential. The benchmarks were conducted during a private event hosted by Qualcomm, at which a developer-oriented tablet equipped with an APQ8064 chipset was shown off...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. galaxyisking posted on 24 Jul 2012, 23:33 6
I'll be the FIRST to say put that in your pipe and smoke it new icrap pad!!
16. KParks23 posted on 25 Jul 2012, 01:20 1
Agreed that benchmark is pretty amazing I feel we can move away from processing power stick with quad core.. and focus on battery life in our devices now.
2. dmn666 posted on 24 Jul 2012, 23:34 2
Holy cr*p..that's some badass score...bring it out to the market ASAP
21. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 25 Jul 2012, 06:48 5
Where is remixfa when we need him. The S4 Pro with the Adreno 320 is a beast. The quad-core S4 Krait with the Adreno 320 beats the Samsung's Galaxy S III quad-core convincingly.
I told you Qualcomm & the "crap dragon" stigma was long gone.
The 2 best chips in the world are:
1) Qualcomm S4 Krait
2) Samsung Exynos
3. zacomaco posted on 24 Jul 2012, 23:40 0
gonna use all that power"""""""""" (on a droid tab)
4. SonyFTW2020 posted on 25 Jul 2012, 00:03 3
Ladies and gentlemen.....this is what our android future is going to look like, aren't you glad you're still with android?
5. SonyFTW2020 posted on 25 Jul 2012, 00:05 5
they can keep the tablets, just put this on a moto or sony phone and I'm good to go!
6. dmn666 posted on 25 Jul 2012, 00:16 2
Me too! I read 'Mint' is gonna have something similar ..at least a dual core S4 with Adreno 320. We'll have to wait and see.
7. SonyFTW2020 posted on 25 Jul 2012, 00:21 2
that would be beast...as long as its not over the 4.5 inch mark
9. dmn666 posted on 25 Jul 2012, 00:25 0
Yep - and Arc-like design and stacked Exmor. I'll be the first one in line (if there is any :P)
8. Evil_SaNz posted on 25 Jul 2012, 00:21 2
Why noone compares it with the exynos quad core :S:S:S Tegra 3 is all about cpu and is older, no big news there...
10. SonyFTW2020 posted on 25 Jul 2012, 00:27 6
dude S4 quad core would run laps around exynos quad sorry but this is the new best chip my friend....just look at how good the S4 does on dual core phones.
11. dmn666 posted on 25 Jul 2012, 00:27 5
It easily beat whatever cpu/gpu we currently have in market right now. You could find more details at
*Edit* Looks like PVR GPU on iPad 3 still tops the offscreen scoreboard. Adreno 320 is very close though (139 vs 132 fps)
13. SonyFTW2020 posted on 25 Jul 2012, 01:00 6
hell of alot closer than the galaxy s3 running exynos at 99 fps...lol
23. MistB posted on 25 Jul 2012, 16:25 0
It may run laps round the current Quad Core exynos series, but the Exynos 5450 (Mali T658) will be the one that will obliterate the S4 Pro, the current 4412 powered GS3 of course will stumble compared to a next generation Quad Core series from Qualcomm. I guess we'll be seeing this in the Galaxy Note 3, no way are Samsung putting this in the GS4.
24. zazori08 posted on 26 Jul 2012, 05:45 1
Are You f**king Kidding Me! by the time they put the new exynos chip qualcomm will be making faster chips than the s4 prime
12. aayupanday posted on 25 Jul 2012, 01:00 5
It's time for the S4 Pro to Raise some HeLL and do some a$$ whippin' !!!
14. Retro-touch posted on 25 Jul 2012, 01:16 1
Put the S4 Pro Quad on the next Nexus this fall or the Exynos 5250 Quad and you have yourself a beast
17. dmn666 posted on 25 Jul 2012, 01:24 0
Yes - unfortunately. Small volume/demand is the reason I guess.
18. zazori08 posted on 25 Jul 2012, 02:50 5
the new s4 annihilated the competition. especially the quad-exynos everyone was talking about by a whooping 3000pts. gap on quadrant, about 800pts. gap on vellamo, 1900pts. gap on antutu, 33fps gap on GLBenchmark and about 5000pts. on CF-Bench
22. andrew1953 posted on 25 Jul 2012, 07:53 0
I think its very impressive the way they have made the face of this device exactly the same as the Note 5.3". Also like the fact it also has an interactive pressure pen. Hope they offer 16GB,32GB AND 64GB NOTE 10.1. Very impressed with specs.